Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain under shoulder blade while sleeping on back

danparker276ddanparker276 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:52 AM in New Member Introductions
My wife has had pain on her back under her left shoulder blade and causes her to wake up at night while she's sleeping on her back. When she moves to sleep on her stomach the pain goes away. Whenever her back is against something she feels the pain, so in the middle of the night she feels the pain a lot until she turns on her stomach.

The pain follows the heartbeat and is a pounding/burning pain over a medium size area.

It started a year and a half ago everyone once in a while, now it's happening ever night. The x-ray didn't show anything.

Last night it was very minor compared to other nights though. It's off and on.
advertisement

Comments

• Does she have any neck problems, Dan? There is a chance it is referred from a couple of levels of the c-spine.

If it persists and a physiotherapist can't help her, see if her doc does trigger point injections; she may have a nasty spasm in there that won't "give".

Another thought is that she could have a rib "out". I would suggest she see a good physiotherapist, and hopefully they can figure out what's happening.

In future, you might want to post under certain sections of the forum so you'll get more responses.

Hope she gets some relief soon!

Tracy
  • its a unique memory foam pillow {not to be confused with any other memory foam pillow } the tempur millenium queen ..order a large one it will fit in a normal pillow slip despite it strange shape .it should help with your shoulder pain .i use mine all day {on my recliner and then it comes to bed with me } shop around as i got mine from a company called my tempur and saved 33 percent ..they are not a cheap item but worth every penny .see tempurs web site to have a look at it then if you want one shop around to get it a cheap as you can
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. your wife is very fortunate to have you on her side.. i am sure she needs you very much right now..i don't have any answers for you but i did want to say hello!! i do hope your wife finds some relief soon.. Jenny :)