Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF C5 - C7 Scheduled

RatSquadRRatSquad Posts: 114
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, here we go again. Scheduled for ACDF on April 27; and expect to be off work for a while. My C5/C6 and C6/C7 disks must have conspired to rupture at almost the same time. :)

I always wondered what they were doing behind my back, and now I know! =))

Hope everyone has a pain free day!
View my history for all the gory details.

• Hey you!! Long time no see. I'm glad to hear you are finally scheduled. I'll keep you in my thoughts, and send you positive energy that all goes well. Welcome back stranger!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Howdy Brenda! Thanks for the positive energy. I have been lurking in the forums, just haven't posted for a while. Been busy at work finally getting certified in computer forensics }:)

Ya know, the same ole thing here, postponing the inevitable. :) Hope all is well with you.
  • I knew you wouldn't hide from me for long! Congrats on the certification. Just follow your surgeons orders to the T, and don't try to push it going back to work. When I was released back for light duty, my Director wouldn't let it go for more than 6 weeks. Sent me for tactical and firearms qualification knowing I wasn't ready, and that is when my symptoms came back, and too the arm strength pretty well went down the crapper and never came back. Don't let them push you.

Next month I should know if more surgery is on the table. I pretty well know the answer, but I'm not going to put the cart before the horse as they say. :)

I'm pretty good at reading MRI's thanks to all this, but suck when the scan part is inside the hardware range. Not real clear, hard to see what's in there - shrug. (G) The other neat thing is I can compare the images from the last one.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Remember, rest, heal, walk when you can, rest, oh.. and eat a healthy diet!! *HUGZ*

• Brenda,

Hope your impending surgery goes well. There is this love / hate thing with surgery. Looking forward to it hoping it cures what ails me, but bon't want to have to go through it :)

Tell me about stupidity at the range while on "lite duty". Qualified about 6 months after my back surgery, and all was going well UNTIL... My boss decided to play around just before the tactical course and grabbed my neck and pulled me sideways! He is lucky everything was empty, and I hadn't had a chance to reload image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> Still qualified, but it was pure agony.

This year they are changing out qualification method. We are changing from the standard fixed position of 3, 5, 15 & 25 yards and moving to a more tactical oriented qualification test. Which means a lot of running, firing from a kneeling position behind barriers, etc. I am looking forward to it!

I refuse to let my spine problems keep me from doing what I love :) Well, at least until I get the ultimatum from my lovely bride that is.

Take care.
  • If my Director grabbed me like you, his butt would be in serious trouble with me!! In the federal govt., no touch!! :)

Our firearms was a 3-5-7-15-25. Same thing, on the tactical you had the drop, roll and shoot, run and shoot, squat and shoot...well you get the gist. My right arm was done by the 25 yard line. I'm left handed, but my right arm "dragged" down my left, and less than half of my bullets hit the target! The other issue was my right hand cramping - sucks for magazine exchange! Never had that ever happen. Sniff...

As for surgery, you have that right, it *is* a love/hate relationship. We want it, but don't want it because....we don't know when we wake - better? worse? Grrr... I am hoping you wake like I did on my first fusion - pain gone, most numbness gone, = BETTER. :)