Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

About me and my problems:)

am1982aam1982 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
hello everyone, my name is andy, i will start by appologising for my bad spelling:). i am 28 and have spent most my life working and running pubs and restaurants. about 2 years ago, i got up to open the pub and i walked 3 steps from my bed and hit the floor in more pain than i could cope with, i couldnt move for about 3 hours, (the pub was isolated and it was snowing so i didnt really expect anyone in so noone got to help me) that being said when i finaly could move i got to a an e they sent me home with only mild painkillers an said sleep it of. well 2 years on and still noone know whats wrong with me, i hope you guys can help me find out.

this pain can hit me at any time what ever i am doing, between the l3 and l6 vertibra, no warning no sense of anything just pain which renders me unable to stand. (kind of like my legs dont want to work.) well i have had ll the usual test not all perfect but they say nothing is rubing or could cause this.

this being said since the first time this happend my t3-t6 vertibra are realy sensitive,they kind of ache constantly if you touch them or prod inbetween them it really hurts bad, nothing seems to agrovate this sometimes its not bad sometime i can just feel them aching and some times the pain is crazy.

this has had me depressed for a year and a half as my once active life is now got me guessing if i can do some things.

if anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them:)

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps it is time you go see another doctor about your pain problems..you may need to have some more tests run in order to see what is wrong with you?? you don't say if you have had an MRI.. a diagnosis is really necessary in order to treat you!! please have a good look around the different forums and make yourself at home! spineys are a very friendly group of people... perhaps being around others who feel as you do will make you feel a little better!! good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • hi, yea i have had 2 scans one on my upper and lower spine i have done physio and now i am refered to solford hospital chronic pain clinic, , but still noone has been able to say what causes the pain. my mri scans show some miner things which the doctor which 2 doctors say is normal for someone at my age. the most annoying part is i spent an hour or 3 at a bbq yesturday and i was fine all day, i spent less than 10 mins in my garage this morning not lifting over 1kg not bending down or over reaching and it put me in bed for 2 hours with the with help to get there..
  • am1982,

You said you can't walk when the pain is really intense; does this pain extend down your legs at all? If so, have they had you undergo an NVC/EMG? That is an electrical conduction study to check the status of your nerves on your skin and in your muscles for a basic description.

Have you had x-rays (flex/ext) to see if your vertebra are lined up and not overlapping? Just some thoughts. I know for me the few times I've had issues in my lower lumbar (have issues in the upper lumbar presently) where I've "pulled" my back my chiropractor said I was out of alignment and he put me back in. I don't go to him anymore since 2 levels above the affected area are herniated. Just some thoughts.

Most of my neck and back issues resulted in: Physical Neurological exam, NVC/EMG, MRI and or x-ray - hence my questions. Please let us know how it goes. Again, Welcome aboard!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.