Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Vague pain butt to mid thigh

mictimmmictim Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello again ! I have had SI joint trouble for 3 yrs or so along with coccydynia (tailbone pain) for almost 4 yrs ! anyway i am going to a new Doc in a few weeks but i am curious about a pain i have off and on first of all i get pain into my hip but also a pain from my butt to my mid thigh it isn;t too bad sometimes a little sharp !! has anyone had this ??

• That is a very common area for everyone to get when havin back problems.

Mine is though the butt, hips, inguinal region , through the thighs and just into the interior of the calves.

Its is Radicular Nerve Pain.
  • Hi Michele. The pain I had like yours came from stenosis. That's definitely not to say that you're experiencing the same thing, but for me, it was lumbar stenosis that made my hips hurt and pain down the back of my legs to my knees.

Please keep us posted as to what your doc says.

• Hi, cathie, I try not look for symptoms i actually try to ignore them but i also have rheumatoid so it is hard to keep my pains seperate ! And like i said many times i ignore them but somethings i have had are different like the vague but somewhat sharp pain butt to mis thigh off and on ! This is new and also if i sit a certain way in y bed with my knees bent my right heel gets wicked numb !I get discomfort and tiredness aching in the top of my thighs not sure if this is all related ! I find it hard to tal to some Doctors so all of your responses are a great help ! My appt is amy 3rd can't wait to get answers Oh and in addition i have tailbone pain for 4 yrs !! Thank you and take care !
This discussion has been closed.