Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, i'm so glad to have found this port in the storm!

darrell007ddarrell007 Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I have been trying to get better, however now i guss the doc's are right. I have had 5 knee surgerys, 2 back surgerys. last back L-5 S-1 Aug 2009, 1 mo latter a guy texting ran in to us. rear ended at 45mph. put me in the hosp. now i have neck pain, mid back and low back down into my butt, hips, down my legs. and my head got bashed in the crash so i have those problems as well. after mri's x-rays ct scans, emg test, over 50 trips to phy therpy the docs said. theres nothing that can be done. sick pay ran out had to go on long term disability, lost my job, but now i'm here. I hope i can learn how to type faster. on nuronton, pain pills, soma, cymballta. Thanks for being here!!!! PS. I hope I'm doing this right never been in a chat room before. relearning how to do stuff like spell, type ect.

• Let me be the first to say welcome to Spine-Health. This is a great site for all spine-related information and as for a port in the storm, you're very correct - the members of the forum are very friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and supportive.

I'm sorry to hear all you've been through and you've found a great place to vent and talk to others who may have ideas on a plan of action.

You're doing fine as for spelling, typing, etc. There's also a separate "Chat" section here on the site where you can talk in real time. It's under "My stuff" where it says chat. But you have to be a fairly fast typer to be in there as it tends to move fast. But I'm sure the participants will be patient with you if you decide to go in there.

Take care and please keep us posted on how you're doing.
  • :))) Thank you. i hope to help others like you. i so hate being so self centered but pain makes one that way, i guss? Hey wheres my brain. happy easter!! THE STONE HAS BEEN ROLLED AWAY!!
  • I meant to ask...why does the doctor say nothing can be done? That's got to be frustrating and it's really all too common on these forums.
  • they say the nerves are scared and that theres no good treatment. I have had injections + 6. acupucher, chropatic, msg therpy, I wanted to be retrained But the long term people say not worth it. thank GOD that i got that at my work. i all most dropped it. now they want to put me on ssi i have been fighting it. however my lawer said they can do it if they want. i'm 48 so i'm bummed.
  • dont worry about the spellin!! you can always use the spell cheque befor you commit to post .anyway we all know whot you are sayin evin if its spelt like wot i am spelling it like ..inti!! ..sorry back to normal now {just having a laugh with you ..not at you }
    we hare at SH have a wealth of knowledge between us all and i don't think that's there are any scenario that we have not been through .i am from the UK.. so some of your drug names and your disability system differ somewhat to ours .but don't be afraid to ask even if you think is a silly question ..someone will have the answer .hope that you are feeling better than when you posted this post ..take care
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Hi, I had that albume in high school. Yes i already have tryed some steching i learned yesterday. thanks for caring you sound like you would be a good person to take fishing. if i could still fish. Good to you and yours! thanks for telling me about spell check i will find it and use it. already learned something today oh no. HA HA.