Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back pain and bump

lynn_122llynn_122 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Lower Back Pain
About a week ago I noticed that the right side of my lower back started to get really sore. I've had knots in my back before and this pain felt similar to that of a muscle knot. Bending foreward at the hips was very painful and after getting a professional massage a few days after the pain started, it only became worse.
Applying heat and rubbing the sore area did help but now a week later since the pain started, this doesn't seem to help and the pain is only worsening. Now, the pain is more of a sharp pinching pain and I am noticing that, compared to the smooth lower back muscle on the left side of my back, there is a small bump on the lower right side of my back.
The pain is just to the right of my spine and I am able to wiggle the lump.
I am going to see my doctor next week but should I get another massage before then? Im just not sure if this is merely a pulled muscle or something more serious. Has anyone heard anything like this before?
advertisement

Comments

• Hi lynn. Not sure if you're following my thread on back crooked and lower back pain but I too have a bump on my right side along with the spasms. I have had this happen to me several times and this time I'm going to get to the "root" of the problem. X-rays revealed not much except perhaps a bit of arthritis. But the docs say not enough to give me the pain I'm getting. I'm scheduled for a scan next friday. It's always the same side, my back goes crooked to my right and with that bump. I suspect a swollen muscle.
    I will be updating my thread as I progress with diagnostics.

Are you getting spasms also? It's been two weeks for me and I still can't walk without a walker and I'm only 52.