Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Microdiscectomy surgery and complications

katdogkkatdog Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:52 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hi All I just had a microdiscectomy on my L5S1 at sunnybrook hospital. After the surgery I was delighted as I had no usual buttock/leg pain as I had before the surgery. After a few complications due to medication etc I was went home a day later. At that point the only pain I had was from the Surgery. The next am as I was getting out of bed I
collasped from shooting pain from my buttock all the way down my left leg with severe cramping and numbness. Basicly tthe same pain/problem I just had surgery for only now it was 10 times worse. All my Surgeon said was that there is a 5% chance of "reherniation" and that I was to sit on the couch all weekend and watch tv. Needless to say I am not impressed. Has anyone else had this happen and what did you do.
advertisement

Comments

• I JUSTED POSTED ABOUT THE SAME SURGEY I MIGHT HAVE,MAY I ASK WHAT WAS THE EXTENT OF YOUR BACK PAIN?AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD IT BEFORE YOU DID HAVE THE SURGEY?SOME SAY IT TAKES MONTHS TO HEAL.
  • Hello. Sorry to hear you are in such pain. I had L4-S1 micro surgery 10 weeks ago and I still am having a few issues with my nerve and back pain. However, your doctor should have told you that, the first 2 weeks after surgery you will/could have severe flare ups with the nerve because it is "angry" from surgery and quite normal. Having said that, it can take months for the nerve to heal, not necessarily as painful, but it takes quite some time!

I hope at this time your pain has eased a bit.

Itsmeme