Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Revision Surgery on the 9th on may

ron prron p Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
well after 24 months of my failed fusion and had to ware a bone growth stimulater & injections and 2 second opinions they fianly approved revision fusion L345s1 replace screws rods and cages and another bone graph the whole 9 yards wish me luck & wish all u out there good luck Ron

• Ron.

Good luck with surgery. While anyone hates to have to go through this a second time, if there is anything positive you know what to expect post surgery. Hopefully this will take care of your pain and issues your having. Good luck with surgery and post as soon as you can and give a update.
  • Ron! Wishing everything works out this time around!
    Are you using original surgeon or 2nd opinion, just curious?
    One last question did the bone growth stimulator work at all?

• Hope the surgery goes to plan and that this time, things will heal and fuse as expected.

Do let us know how you get on.
  • thanks for the well wishes @ Virginiap yes I am useing the same Dr. and the bone growth stimulator did not do anything it was a waste of money. And thanks everyone for the well wishes hope the same for all u keep well out there
    Thank Ron
  • Well today is the 17th and I got out of the hospital on the 13 from my revision surgery was on the 9th of may and I can say that so far I have seen a differnce it helped me the problem was that workers comp & the second opionon dr stalled so long the 2 screws broke and My Dr said that he replaced all the hardware screws and cages my legs feel better also just tingling in my feet and pain in my butt & cut so far so good thanks all for the well wishes thanks
    Ron Perry
  • You must be so relieved that you're starting to feel better than before.

Wishing you the very best for your recovery and keep taking it easy - the usual resting and walking and BLT restrictions.

Keep letting us know how you're going.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008