Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

TOS Thoracic Outlet Syndrome ?

frenchfriffrenchfri Posts: 325
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Having a few issues that concern me. I still have extreme tightness in my neck mainly right side but left also. I get pain down my cervical spine in the shoulder and shoulder blade region. Muscle spasms where I need to take the flexeril again which I haven't taken in a few months. I also use the Tens Unit. For the pain in my neck I am taking the hydrocode more than I would like. Lately I have had a heaviness in my upper arm and wrist area feels "odd". My left had turns reddish and at times fingers blueish. The shoulder and chest area in the front by my armpit is tight and achy. I feel like I am a mess. Not too happy about that. Hopefully noting serious.
Having an MRI on Monday and appointment with OSS on Tuesday to review. Had an appointment last Wed to talk to PA and he scheduled the MRI pretty quickly.

12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7 with plate, screws,
BMP & bone fragment filled cages
2/14/2011 trying to go back to work as a teacher
2/17/2011 starting PT
wearing bone stimulator 4 hours a day
DDD, arthritis, herniated disks, pinched nerves
3 months saw a little bit of bone growth (YEAH)
4/15/2011 Home Tens Unit
5/4/2011 new pain and symptoms

Dealt with the pain and issues for more than 5 years
tried PT, chiropractic, acupuncture, cervical epidural shots and selective nerve root blocks prior to surgery

• I think your doctor is doing the right thing by getting a MRI. There are many things that could be causing that, but usually when your skin is turning blue it is not getting the proper blood flow to it. There is a condition called RSD(CRPS), that can happen, but it needs to be treated right away. Look it up on google and their are some pictures and more descriptions and see if anything you are talking about matches that. I have RSD in my right foot and those are some of the symptoms that I had. But the MRI will tell if it is related to your neck or something else. If they suspect RSD, make sure they get a bone scan and you begin treatments right away. The faster the treatments the better success for recovery is. Keep us posted on the results you get.
  • Thank you for your response. I researched RSD a bit. I do have many of the symptoms. I guess I will be asking the OSS about TOS and RSD. I know have a long list of questions for him. Thankfully they are use to me bringing in my spiral notebook full of symptoms, concerns and questions. They give me all the time I want and need. I am blessed in that respect.
  • Hope you get answers and relief from your symptoms soon! Keep us posted on how you make out from your MRI.