Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rotating spine!

doofddoof Posts: 131
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Lower Back Pain
It's been a long, long time since I've posted on here. I have had 3 lumbar laminectomies and a 2 level ACDF.

Last year I had some epidural injections which gave some relief, but only for a couple of months.

I've been back to the hospital and have been referred for denervation and also some physio - which began today.

The physiotherapist has told me that my spine is 'rotating' at levels L1-3. She explained that this is due to them having to compensate for other levels which are not functioning as they should. That explains the back pain then!!

I was totally unprepared for this and left without asking any questions. Has anyone here any knowledge of this? What is the treatment and likely outcome?

She also said that the levels below my ACDF were looking like they were going to go the same way, which will inevitably lead to issues with my T spine ........

I'm begining to think ignorance is bliss :''(

• its me {tony } MURPHY AS WAS THEN STRAKER} NOW backache99 ...dont ask !! .i am sorry that your back here with pain and suffering .i am waiting for my third operation ALIF surgey ..so i know what you mean about on going back surgey ..as we thing we have fixed one bit ..another bit goes ..keep in touch my friend ,{i did know it but i have forgotten your real name pleas forgive me }
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Long time no see - good to see you back, but sorry for what you're going through.

I don't have much knowledge of this issue, but could PT help? I know that after surgeries our spines do very strange things and can totally get misaligned. PT can sometime help this situation and they can teach you exercises to do when you're starting to feel it coming on.

Have you been to PT? Might be worth a try...

Good luck and please do keep us posted.
  • Hello Tony and Cathie, good to 'see' you both again, although I'm sorry to hear that you are both still hobbling around on here. It seems that you get a life-time membership when you sign on to this place!!

I've started PT and am due to have all sorts of injections into joints and nerves and stuff - a total of 7 over the next few weeks (at the last count).

I saw my surgeon last week and if those injections don't work then it's more surgery on my neck, from a posterior approach and nuts and bolts in my lumbar spine. Needless, to say he doesn't want to do either of those procedures and I'm not so keen either.

Still, at least I'm in the system and being seen by those that can hopefully help.

Good luck with your ALIF Tony and speak soon.

Doofie (Sandra!)
This discussion has been closed.