Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi from Scotland

ElaineSEElaineS Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in New Member Introductions
I've had chronic pain for a good few years but all in all its spanned 10 years when it was good days and bad days and bouts of Cervical Spondylosis etc. I've been popping painkillers for years, mainly Co-codomal(Tylonal?) and laterally along with Gabapentin. Its always hard to actually get any medical profession here to take time to explain what really is wrong with you and go over the MRI findings so I'm hoping I can get it better explained in laymans terms. I'll post results of my latest MRI taken in January 2011 on the forum. Thanks.

• Welcome Elaine from the Land of my Grandfather's Scotland. I'm in Canada. Sorry to hear you've had pain for so long. We're here to support one another through this chronic pain and for those who need surgery.

We can't interpret MRI's because we're fellow patients and not Doctors but you can go to the blue box above and put in words from the MRI to understand it better through articles from Drs.

Hope to see you more in posts and hope we can help support you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome to our forum :))) and I hope you can find the information you need to understand what's going on in your spine. As Charry suggested, do a search on this site and that might help.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008