Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Painful morning - OMG! Way overdid it...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
What a busy weekend – I hurt so bad I can hardly walk. Was an hour and a half late to work and my pain meds are barely taking the edge off. It is so frustrating not to be able to do all the stuff I used too without having to go thru all this backlash of pain for a week after!!!
It has been such rainy miserable cold weather here that finally we had 3 days of 70 degree sunshine so I decided I better force myself to get it done! I It IS back to cold 40 degrees and non-stop rain again by the way and expect to last at least the next 7 to 10 days…
Anyway, I had my dad (he isn’t really my dad but I wish he was) come over with his bobcat and dumptruck and scoop up over 2 tons of horse manure where Blitz walks right outside his barn and unloads all winter long. Then he hauled in several ton of sand and dirt to replace it and it is so nice out! I had to get in the barn with a shovel and throw some of that out for him to haul off too tho (cuz dad’s too old to do all that physical labor) and man was I hurting afterwards! I also had him remove a ton of boulders that lined the perimeter of my front lawn and deck area and replace it with 4 foot lengths of square sandstone rock. It looks so nice, but I had to get on my knees and help level under the rocks as needed. I planted all of my flower seeds, which is a ton, and also bought plants and seeds and tilled and planted my entire veg garden. It looks so nice and feels good to have everything done but man am I ever paying for it! Normally my son would help me with a lot of that, and he did some but had to work most of the weekend so I was on my own for the most part.
This having a nice yard and flowers, and OCD on top of it stinks! I also made the fatal mistake of draining some water off the pool cover, which helps hold it down in the winter in case of high winds. Well Saturday night, sure enough it was blowing like crazy and gusting to around 50 and 60 mph. I could hear this weird noise and me and my son were out there at 3 in the morning putting water back on the cover and re-attaching where it had broke loose because of the wind. I sure could have used a day on a heating pad to get over it! I honestly don’t know how I got it all done. Well I do, took pain meds and pushed myself to get it all done! Now at least I can relax and enjoy all my flowers as they come up and bloom and the veggies. I also cleaned both my fishponds and moved all the fish too the pond on my back deck by the pool. I have reluctantly decided to get rid of at least half of my walk thru flower garden and that pond because I just can’t do it all anymore. It is too much. I could just cry – that has been a work in progress for 20 years, and now it’s over because I’m a pain laden puss!

• I sure understand what you are going thru.I did the same thing. One day of work = 1 week of pain. But it sound like you did more work then I could has done.

• I sure understand what you are going thru.I did the same thing. One day of work = 1 week of pain. But it sound like you did more work then I could has done.

• I truly don't know how you did all that but I sure hope you get some relief quickly!! Take care :)

I bet your place looks beautiful from all that you do there!
  • Luv your heart!! No wonder u are in such pain.

You deserve a pat on the back!!

Hope youe pain eases soon. I know well how it is to over do. I did last week. Boy did I pay big time!!

My pain pump takes care of my "normal" pain level but not "over doing" flare ups. Even my oral pain meds were of little use to me that day.

Please take it easy GF.

Patsy W
  • Wow!! Pain and all, I am officially jealous you could get all that done. Good for you woman! Sorry to hear you are paying for it now, I know that bites for sure. I hope you're feeling better soon. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Wow, I really need to see pics!! You so sound like my mom, she has beautiful gardens as well, and has actually been on house and garden tours a few times. She did all hers during our couple of day reprieve from the rain as well (sounds like we're getting the exact same weather) and has been hurting as well. I think next year she will be cutting a lot of it out as well.

Sorry you're paying for it now! Haven't talked to you in a long time, hope everything else besides this set back is going well. I'm off to see the surgeon today, will let you know the outcome when I get back!! Take care and baby yourself, you deserve it!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Sorry to hear but don't know how you should be managing that pool cover! I got rid of the pool from this house as I almost killed myself clearing the water from my pool cover working with my brother and this is before I hurt my back. Sorry you have to let the pond go but now you will do well with less work. I'm s sure your garden is lovely. Rest up. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.