Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Have been approved for SSD

gar0262ggar0262 Posts: 164
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I got my letter from the judge who did my hearing and his decision was a "fully favorable decision". Woo Hoo!! I still have to wait for the letter from my local social security office for all the specifics as to how much I get a month and how much I get in back pay. I was quite surprised to have gotten my letter from the judge already, as I only had my hearing a few weeks ago. So all in all it has taken me not quite a year and a half to get my approval, which again, from what I've heard and read, that is sooner then most people get it. Most everyone I talked to said it would take at least a couple of years, so I feel blessed that it came this soon for me.
After all this time and waiting I'm not sure how I actually feel about the fact that I am now "disabled", or as my best friend put it, officially "messed up" :))( But actually I am looking at it as starting the next phase of my life, and going forward from here.

• Glor,

I'm very happy for you. I'm sure that knowing you are now approved, took a ton of weight and worry off of your shoulders. Excellent news for you. Again, Congrats!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • i wish the process was faster.
    that's one more for are side.
    "disabled" no re borne new life you worked for it and paid into it for just the reason you got it no reason to feel bad . :D
  • Great news Yay! So glad the waiting and worrying is over now so you can get on with daily life. Just one big worry taken care of and less tensed muscles with all that worry about where the money's coming from. Happy for you!. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi; and congrats, on finally getting approved for SSD.
    Probably the longest 1 1/2 years of your life, but now you can relax, and wait for the mailman to bring you the approval letter with the $$$ amounts, that you will be getting.

So enjoy, as you have earned it.
    Happy for ya!
  • :S I wanna say "thank you" to everyone on here for all the info, support and just overall being there for me and just the caring and kindness that we all meed from time to time.
    When I first applied for SSD, it sure did seem like it was gonna be foreverrrrrrr, :S and now it seems like it was only yesterday :O Yes it has been a huge weight off my shoulders, and so now I've added a new saying to my list, "Now I begin the next phase of my life" :)
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Conradulations doesn't even bein to cover it. Having gone through the similar in the past couple of weeks, I know that all emotions are still in play!

Its a very mixed blessing ... Its odd to finally have the gov confirm what I have known for years.
    But that lable of "dis-abled" still doesn't sit well with me. I prefer "Early Retirement" or reduced capacity.

Also-Get ready for the next long wait ..... for the funds to actually be deposited .... they again seem to be in no hurry .... I'm getting very tired of PBJ's.

Cheers for us little guys/gals!!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• I keep checking my bank account every day just to see if BY chance I might get a surprise and see any extra money in there. :))( Yeah, the word disabled don't sit with me too well either, so that's why I thought it so cute and appropriate when a friend told me I was now officially "messed up" tee hee. Of course another friend put in her two cents worth and said that I'd always been messed up since she first met me hahahaha =))
    Yes, I didn't realize just how tense I was before the letter, and now I do feel like I have closure for that part of my life and am now starting the rest of it. =D>
  • Hi and congrats again.
    Hint the checks get deposited on Wednesday morning's.

Thers a schedule on the SSD website, that that shows how it works.
    It all depends on the dats you birthday is.

Like i was born on the 5th of the month, so my check is deposited on the 2nd wednesday of the month.
  • Hi Jim,
    I did find the schedule you mentioned and did find out when I will be receiving my deposits, that is whenever they do start :/ I am still waiting for the letter with all the details, but I now it should be arriving pretty soon.