Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Worried .. can someone give some advice please..

jonholukjjonholuk Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi, I've just started doing physical therapy (mckenzie stretch) for the last week.. every 2 hours for lower disc problems.. but I've also started having a little pain, in my arms and neck .. and I have a dull pain on my upper spine just below shoulder blades..

Now pain all over body is minimal ..I have the odd twinge in leg but nothing serious. But yesterday I suddenly went light headed and a very tight chest... which lasted about an hour then after that weakness in my arms and legs. I went to hospital and they did a ECG but heart is fine..

Today was fine this morning but just went out for lunch got back ..and I have weakness again in my arms and legs.. My back.. going up the spine hurts a lot more to touch but put that down to my stretching every 2 hours. Don't see physio for another week .. though reading online it says numbness in arms and legs isn't good! .. has anyone got any suggestions ..

I'm thinking cause I'm stretching its aggravating my back and the swelling is going up a bit ... I know i can't get medical advice on here .. but just wondered if anyone has had similar experience with these exercises

• I have had many many sessions of PT over my years of back problems and let me tell you i have had many problems doing stretches and spine manipulations. Its amazing the things that can come up. If the ER said that your heart is fine thats great,still that doesn't help you with the problem.I've had leg and arm weakness as well but i had severe neck disc herniation compressing my spinal cord.Have you had an mri's done on your spine? The pain in your spine couldn't definitely be from all the retractions that you've been doing. I found the more of them i did the worse my pain got for a bit then it tended to back off.If you can get passed the intense pain then you will start to feel better.Thats in my case anyways.Everyone is different
    It almost sounds like you had a severe muscle spasm in your chest. Just my observation of course.How is your PT to talk to? Can you call them up and let them know what happened and ask for them opinion?
  • Hi tammy thank you for the reply ... I haven't had an MRI done yet as it's so hard to get done in the UK ... The thing that's strange is .. I'm not in massive amounts of pain.. I woke up this morning .. I have a dull pain centre of back and my ribs hurt and I get random pain which comes and goes in legs and arms ... but I wouldnt need to take pain killers .. There no like radiating pain....when I did my lower back in I had clAssic siatica.. Radiating pain weakness and a shin which hurt like nothing I've everfelt before.. But as I type this my hands and arms are just weak.. I suppose what I need to find out is ... Can the disc cause weakness in arms and legs without lots of pain...also when they get very weak .. I feel faint also.. I went to dr and getting blood work done so will see of that shows anything .. Plus will see about MRI privately