Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Have not heard s.s.disability mentioned in Medicare reform ....

susiessusie Posts: 152
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Well I have been seeing quite a lot of discussion on the news about the possible various changes to Medicare. I heard several times that if you are over 54 in one plan that is getting a lot of attention, you would get the regular Medicare at age 65 and if you are under 54 (like me) you would have advance notice to plan ahead for this other proposed plan.

I have not heard anyone mention those of us who get Medicare due to disability and are under the age where you would get the traditional Medicare - of course I realize right now they are just coming up with proposals

I also have not heard anyone say what about all the people receiving Medicare due to disability, has anyone heard any politician or committee member mention taking away or changing our Medicare rights?

Surely they wouldn't drastically change the Medicare benefits for the disabled regardless of where a person might fall in these talked about age categories.

Has anyone heard the news reports on changing the age to receive full
Medicare or how it might effect the disabled?

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Any changes to Medicare would be fought heavily by organizations like AARP for one. Right now there are no pending changes to those currently in the system. Just like with changing the SS retirement age years ago (SSNRA - Social Security Normal Retirement Age) it affected people for a future benefit. My full retirement age is 67, right now that's the highest age point at which full SS Retirement is paid. So, if Medicare changes are made they are likely to be for future beneficiaries, not those currently in the "system" for SSI, SSDI, SSR.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
  • Politicians have always batted around how Medicare payments are determined. There are currently 441 geographic payment zones for hospitals that pay on the basis of general costs in the region. Hospitals with better patient-care results will be seeing a change soon. In 2013, hospitals will get greater bills for greater patient-care outcomes. Source for this article: Quality-based Medicare payments could hurt minority patients. An addition to that, hospitals that are not top- performing may have their Medicare funding cut. I can see that this will be another burden to patients especially those who can't afford services from the said hospitals.
  • Payment system if automated using advanced technological tools then there are greater chances of approvals, what so ever expensive the expenditure may be but if required.
    Hospitals and independent doctors should use electronic medical record system
  • Great Post. It is very important that they change the medicare benefits. It will definitely benefit everyone.

URL deleted. Solicitation at Spine-Health is never permitted

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 02/03/12