Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This is what I hate the most

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:54 AM in Chronic Pain
This is what I hate most of all. It's a beautiful day outside, low 80s, sunny, no wind (amazingly) and I'm stuck in my recliner because I'm having a horrible pain flare (yes, another one).

This one isn't lumbar, though, it's the muscles in my upper back and pain in my lower cervical spine. It really hurts just to move my head and when I blow dried my hair this morning before I had to get out, certain movements made me literally scream out in pain.

I don't know if I pulled a muscle playing golf last weekend or if I'm having some hellacious spasms, but whatever the case, I'm totally ticked off that I can't be out in the beautiful day doing something in the yard, shopping for flowers, just whatever. Thank goodness for windows, I guess, and for you guys.

This is what I hate more than anything, being stuck inside on a beautiful day. Anybody share the feeling? Bet so...

Dang it!
Cath
advertisement

Comments

• Yessssssss......
    ..but I'm planning a beach trip, so I figure if I save up all of my strength, take good care of myself, and only put out good karma, that surely some good will come back to me in due time. That is my hope and I'm banking on it. I'm sorry you are having a bad day.

It's such a beautiful day here too.. ;))
  • Yes, I sure know that one, and will become much more intimate with it in the next few weeks after surgery on Monday... ugh... but at least I'd have a reason for it, sorry to hear you're going through another flare. Hope it lets up soon for you, so you can get back outside working with your flowers and golfing!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • is about as bad as it get for me .and lack of sleep .thats my hates
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I spend a lot of time looking out the picture window from my recliner from the moment i wake up". Beautifull view of the forest preserve across the street with trails. People horse back riding, joging and walking there dogs with there kids. Its always a reminder how life should be. Of course i myself walk to trail as often as i can with my dog. But its a biatch making it back to the house hurting so bad. I start many litle projects in the garage or outside but in short time always end up back on the recliner looking out

Its kinda like watching life pass you by, i dont think a person ever forgets how easy life use to be and how easy it was to tackle any project and being able to finish it even when it was after an 8 hour day job. The good old days are gone where after work i was still able to play a round of golf and still go to work the next day.

Cath, i did similar thing pulling my truck in the garage layed under it on a piece of carpet trying to fix a gas leak. Because the back issues i figured should be ok as long as i lay flat. But just after removing 2 clamps in such awkward uper body movement iwas ready to s cream from my neck and uper boddy stiffen up and hurting.

I guess it dont mater where you are fused it affects the whole body causing skeletal pain with the extra stress on the spine. After only working on the truck for about 1 hour and laying flat on the back it felt like i put in a 12 hour day. But if i have
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I've certainly been there Cathie. I'm sorry you're hurting so much. I hope that the spasms have let up today. I know that it hurts both physically and mentally being stuck inside on a beautiful day. I get so mad at myself--even though I know that doesn't make sense.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon. Please let us know how you're doing.
    Debbie
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    Being stuck in the house on a nice day, in bad pain. Is the worst. I get rid of my pain flair. And YOU get one. What's up with that? X( At least I had crummy weather for mine. And now it's nice. I just came in from working (light weight) outside. So as not to over due it.
    I hope this pain flair is a short one for you.
    Good luck, Jim ;))
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • It's coming and going. It all really depends on what I do, I think. I know I'm having mechanical pain in my lumbar and the usual crud in my cervical - it's just gonna stay, some days not so bad some days not so good. I just have to live with it.

I'm tired of needles, pills, problems, limitations, even just thinking about it. But CP doesn't let you ignore it, you just have to redirect your thinking as much as possible. I love the understanding of this group. Who else is there, huh?

Flare, no flare, it'll always be there. I don't care any more.

Cath

PS Jim, glad you're feeling better.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    For some of us it will allways be there. At least to some extent. It gets realy old having to walk on "egg shells" And hope to avoid the bumps in the road.
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • yes, Cath, I know how you feel. In fact, I'm in my house, on the computer looking out at a beautiful day myself. It's our first real nice day in about a month here in Central California. My husband is out golfing with his buddies and I'm nursing a neck that I'm afraid to move! It sucks, big time.

It is so good to have found this forum though, to be able to talk with people who know what it's like to have chronic pain. I hope you feel better soon,Cath. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Gwen
  • >:D< Cath,

I can totally relate. I am in a new flare today...starting last night after trying to give my self a mini pedicure.... My low back has been good for a 3 years.... Now boom! It's not like I was great, but my problems are thoracic right now.... The accute LB pain I am having greatly diminish the T-spine stuff today.

All my plans for the next few days have been put on hold! Trying to get ready to leave town Sunday and can hardly stand up. Sitting kills.... @%$^%*&^*&%^!!

Julie
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.