Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

looking for some information please

edddmaceedddmac Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
hi new to all this! i have had severe lower back trouble for 4 months now. dr sent me for an MRI scan.got the results back the next day(told it would take 2-3 weeks for results)any way i was in shock when dr rang me the next day telling me to stop work immediately.she says i have a high case of being paralised if i dont take it easy. any way stopped working, if some one could tell me what this all means i would appreciate this here is my results

there is disc dehydration with loss of disc space at L4-L5 with large osteophyte formation and disc protrusion.the alligment is unremarkible. no significant loss of vertebral body height is seen. bone marrow returns normal signal.degernerative changes are seen toa lesser extent at other levels.
there is a low lateral paracentral disc hernia with impingment of the thecal sac and left L2 nerve roots within the lateral recess.L1 roots not effected
L3-L4 there is relatively large central disc hernia with degerative facet joint hypertrophie and ligamentum flavum thickening resulting innarowing of canal and loss of CSF signal.L4 nerve roots are intact.
note is made of tubular structure in the epidural space tothe right the midline witch demonstrates intermediate signal onT1 and low signal onT2.on the axil images,this structure demonstrates round contours. this may represent a sequested fragment.
L5-S1 level:
no significant abnormalities seen.
there is evidence of caude equina compression atL4-L5 due to a large central disc protrusion and hypertrophic changes related to degenerative disease.
urgent orthopedic referral is advised.

sorry about the length of this post but thought it would be better to give it all in the hope i could get some answers to all this(cant get to see my dr for another 10 days yet.

• We can't really interpret your MRI because we're only spine patients ourselves but if your symptoms get worse like you have any problem going to the washroom voiding (urinating) or have loose bowel movements it's a medical emergency and you would need to go to ER.

We're here to support you as you go through your treatments.

It may help to make a list of any pain you're having or any abnormal symptoms you're having in your back or legs to bring to your Neuro or Orthopedic Surgeon consult. Check out questions to ask the Surgeons http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/back-surgery/specific-questions-ask-your-spine-surgeon. Take care and keep us posted how you're doing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • edddmac, welcome to spine-health. I'm just really sorry that I didn't see this a couple days ago, but am so glad that Charry brought it up :)))

Please keep us posted edddmac, and I wish I had welcomed you sooner!!
    Charry gave you some good advise, and don't hesitate to call your Dr., or go to the ER if your symptoms progress before your appt.

• Welcome to spine-health! Charry has given you great advice. Have you had any problems with loss of bladder or bowel function? Did your symptoms come on all of a sudden 4 months ago or have they been building over time?

I know it is hard to wait to get in to see a doctor. He will be able to explain everything to you. In the meantime, please come on here and chat with us. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Wishing you all the best with your appointment, and please let us know how you make out.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012