Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C4-5, C6-7 "breaking down"

tridgidattridgida Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had C5-6 discectomy with plating and fusing on 6-23-08. Work injury. Had carpal release on left hand 11-13-09 and right hand 2-9-10. Test after surgery showed carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, still. Surgery didn't take, supposedly. Work hardening from August of 2010 until April of 2011. Didn't work as I deteriorated. Released from First doctor April 15, as he believes my pain comes from stenosis. I take 300 mg of Lyrica per day. Tried Cymbalta, yuck! Had Injection in shoulder to rule that out.

Second opinion doctor want MRI of neck and thoracic and CT of neck.
He thinks my C4-5 and C6-7 are breaking down. Yikes! He is looking at the L1 area, also.

Anyone have any experience similar to mine? I am in central NY.

• I am sorry you are having such difficulties. It is tough, especially at a young age. You will find others similar to you on this site.

I am glad that you got a second opinion and the doctor is taking MRIs and CT. The results can tell you if and what issues you have with these areas of the spine. You don't mention what kind of doctor is ordering the tests. When you have the tests ask if you will be able to get the results, a copy of the films (or disc) and an extra copy of each for yourself. Doctors often want to look at the films/disc as well as the results, and if you have your own copy if one doctor needs to keep them you'll have another copy if you go to other doctors.

We are not doctors and can't give medical advice, but we can share our experience and advice. Feel free to share your results if you want or any questions you may have.

I am 52 with degenerative discs in my neck and lumbar areas, and recently had surgery to remove 4 discs in my neck and replace with spacers.

Take care,

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.