Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Progression, Herniated Disc, chronic pain

pdbanksppdbanks Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Good News
Hello everyone, I'm happy to share that today a few hours after physical therapy my pain has decreased from an 8-10 (mind numbing, half human/half heathen, half deranged) range to a 4-5 range (mildly unpleasant).

My doctor diagnosed me with a herniated/bulging disc 1 month ago and referred me to physical therapy. I've had a bulging disc before and felt this was different because it was chronic instead of acute like last time when it was bulging.

I was taking 6 Percs a day couldn't sit for longer than 10 minutes and was a devil to be around. After 2 weeks in PT I managed to come down to 2 percs a day and level my temper a bit. Today I was able to drive home without a thought of pain.

I just want to thank everyone on this board, I would be up late nights reading this forum bent over on an ottoman trying to make sense of it all. Sorry for not registering sooner but pain prevented me from doing or thinking anything remotely complex other than reading shorts.

I screwed my back up playing sports (basketball, running) while my back was telling me to rest. I think I'll be taking it easy for the next year with non-impact sports.

Although I'm not completely 100, I do feel like I'm on my way.

Good luck, god bless, remain hopeful, and keep fighting for the quality of your life everyone.

• Hello all I am giving an update to anyone who is wondering how I am doing 10 months later. My pain level in a low activity level is 0 for the most part. I still can not jog or play basketball at a medium to high intensity level. I still can not do over 20 sit ups in a row.

The good news is, I CAN do 20 situps, I can bike ride, I can do low impact motions and play with a slower bunch of guys on the court, lol.

I have been doing p90 with a bunch of modified exercises because of my back. I am stronger and 10 pounds lighter.

I am a highly active person so my idea of 100percent may be different from yours. Stay positive and keep moving.