Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Cervical MRI scans.

lbritt64llbritt64 Posts: 91
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I know I need a laminectomy soon. A had a C5-C6/C6-C7 fusion in 1/21/10 as you can see the darker spots on the vertebrae on the image. Today it is worst with my walking and my is numb. I had a lumbar laminectomy on L4-L5 last month. Anyone car to comment on this mri? I'll try to post more

• Sorry about the spelling it is not easy with a numb hand to type and hand writing is even worse, lol.
  • What is the spinal canal measuring? Like mine is 5mm and loss? of cord signal. I'm at the same level as u,but I don't have much use of my hands. Do u have good biceps and tricep muscle? I'm not an expert at looking at scans but it looks like the stenosis is compressing the cord. My images look as if someone is pinching off a hose. And it looks like there is back up of spinal fluid above and below that site. I also have a fusion and ur hardware looks the same in ur images as mine. Don't wait to get it fixed, as that is why my neuro deficits r permanent.
  • What is the spinal canal measuring? not sure on that one. I do have the same shape on my bi and triceps ad before. My left is much weaker than it used to be. The fusion did help a little but the laminectomy will be needed in the few months. I have had symptoms since 8/15/10 and 2 surgeries this year in Jan and May he let me rest for a few months before doing the Laminectomy around Sept. I want to get it ASAP due to father damage. I still have some numbness in my left hand and foot. I hope you get better as well as all that suffer from spinal disorders.