Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

People who feel like they are not getting any help!

tsingerttsinger Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hello! I know some of you have been dealing with stenosis for a very long time and doctors will not help you. Well let me give you a little hope!My mother like me, has cervical spinal stenosis. She is 57 and I am 27. She started haveing issues 10 years ago. However in the last 5 years she has spent rigurous hours going to neurologists and neurosurgeons all over New England. She has been misdiagnosed, told it was in her head, and that there was nothing they could do for her and eventually she would be paralysed. She has heard it all. The poor woman was ready to give up. Until she was given a request to go to XXXs in Baltimor Maryland. They were amazing . They diagnosed her with the stenosis and that she had Two bulgind disks that had to come out and the disks were pinching off the blood supply to her spinal cord. Now let me tell you ...my mother has some seriouse symptoms. She has numbness in her hands ,arms feet, and legs, and some in her abdomen. Her hand are contsantly in in pain. It ranges from burning sensations to feeling like she is recieving thousands or bee stings. she had no feeling in the skin of her hands and arms. So if she burns herself she cant feel it. Some days she cant lift her legs , so she needs a cane to walk. She has very little strength in her hands. As sad as this is to talk about , my mother now experiances incontinance on a daily basis. The reason being she cant feel anything in that area. Its numb! So she cant tell if she has finished going to the bathroom or if she can even make it to the bathroom. Now my mother is a young 57. She is no where near the age where some have this issue. I could go on and on but my point is.....She was gonna give up, and she didnt. XXX was determined to get to the bottom of her issue. And they did. But even jXXX couldnt tell by her mri just what they were in for when they opened her up. Looking at her mri they thought she was going to roll up in there in a wheelchair. Thats how bad she is. So now on june 7th when they went in to remove two disks and put to metal plates in her, They also found bone fragments in her spinal cord. Scary. She also had many bone spurs. Now the mri did not pick up all of this. So be aware that the doctors do not see everything from an mri. The doctors where we live told her there wasnt enough pinching going on to be cause all her pain. Well actually there was so much that it was stopping the blood supply to her spinal cord. OH!and I almost forgot her mri showed 5 lesions in her spine. That they think is the disks that were pinching off ther blood supply. Now if she did not have this surgery she would be in a wheelchair very soon. I am scared that that doctors around here will do the same to me. But I will go to XXX as well. So my point here is. I highly recommend XXX to those in loss of hope. Or any teaching/learning hospital that may be closer to you. They truely are amazing. My mother is still healing, but she is doing amazing. I hope this is of some help to many of you!!!!! Good Luck!

Post edited to remove specific Medical Institute. Usage in this post was a borderline solicitation thread

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 06/21/11