Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve pain is back kicking my ass,

alexhurtingaalexhurting Posts: 1,991
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Chronic Pain
I been doing everything in my power to over come this nerve pain. Natural creams along with meds was helping and i seriously thought i was geting beter for a while now. Flare ups were shorter and i was able to get control on it i thought. Now that summer is finaly here i started some small projects around the house. Taking it slow and trying to be some what productive in this life of agony.

Worked on my truck just slowly for short time each day fixing gas leak from fuel line doing everything right not to have to bend just laying flat on my back using my hands so it should not agrivate my nerve pain from lower back. This kind of work is all that i need to keep in good spirit and feel like i can get something done on my own cause i have all the time in the world to do it. 7 years of this nerve pain seems like a lifetime already and each time i think i am beating it and i can put it behind me and i am willing to exept that i will always have mechanical pain and all that. But when nerve pain returns this strong burning, shooting down the leg and nothing will stop it and flare up last 2 days with no releif at all is beyond normal for any human to have to deal with.

I can handle all the pain i have from surgery but i will never learn to deal with this kind of nerve pain. Nerve pain was the only reason for my trial of scs and pain pump which all failed and i been flying solo ever sense . If by any chance who dont know how nerve damage feels from your lower back . Well its like taking a shot to the spine with a .22 gun and having a bullet stuck in your spine hiting the nerve. Spine nerve burns and goes in to your ass and down the legs to your foot and pain is so bad you feel your heart is going to give out from the stress of it if it lasts more then a few hours.

You only have 2 choices. You can go to er and have them sedate you enough for it to calm down or after years of doing this as i have you try to avoid er and do it yourself taking the back up meds such as valium and call it the day and sleep untill its back to waiting around when it will start again. Or you can go have an injection from pain dr and it might help for 3 days if you are lucky or it might make it worse.

You dont mind doing this for maybe a year or 2 thinking this cant last forever and there has to be a cure. Well 7 years later here and no cure and each surgery after the 1st just making things worse just makes a person realise surgery is not a cure for all. Going now on 8 years of nerve pain and another at least 12 years of back pain stick a fork in me i am done. Soon i spent half my life in pain. Does this make me an expert? Hell no, I am graspin for straws trying to find releif to no end like everyone else. I see another neuro july 18th as i dont expect much anymore after seeing so many dr,s who say the same thing as the last 1.

All i know is i already paid my dues and its time for drastic measures to be taken to stop this pissed off nerve thats never going to heal. I think many people confuse depression and pain. I am never the 1 to be depressed by any means but with pain like this you would have to be crazy to say you are happy camper. Person can be happy 1 min and pain can go from 0 to 10 in 30 sec or less and that person will no longer be that happy person. Thats why its called pain,

On that note: i had to re write the marshal tucker song to my own version while playing it on the guitar.

Gona take a freight train. Down in the station I dont care where it goes,
Gona climb a mountain, the highest mountain lord, Gona jump off nobody gona know. Cant you see"". Oh lord cant you see". What this pain lord"". Been doing to me. Cant you see, Oh lord cant you see , What this pain, been doing to me.

Gona find me, A hole in the wall. I am gona crawl inside and die. This relentless pain oh lord, This evil pain lord, Never will say goodbye.
Cant you see, oh cant you see, What this pain lord, Been doing to me.
Cant you see, Cant you see. What this pain lord, been doing to me.
Ok Everyone sing along,,,, Cant you see,,,,,=...................................
Git-ir- Done
Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
2012 scs implant ,

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Yes we know how to deal with the chronic pain associated with our spinal conditions, but nerve pain, wow, does that send us off the roof!

I am basically in control during the day with my medications, but at night time, its a total different story.

I spend so much time walking around, beating my legs with my fists, rubbing my legs, doing just about anything to control the nerve pain. Most of the time, the nerve pain wins.

I take a good dosage of Neurontin which should control the nerve pain. It does most of the time, but at night, forget it. I need to take my Baclofen and Opana to stop my legs for jumping out of my body.

I hope you find a solution to make you somewhat comfortable.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I’m asking because that is the type of pain I’ve had for the last several years – non-stop. The only thing I have found that keeps it at a bearable level is to take lortab or Percocet every 4 hours. Other than that, nothing works. I take a neurontin at nighttime which does help somewhat, but it makes me feel so goofy in the head I have to be sure to take it really early in the evening or I feel like a fuzz brain the next morning for several hours. The narcotics don’t do that but the neurontin sure does. Nerve pain sucks. I don’t think it matters what you’re doing or how careful you are. I know people think that just because I sit at a desk all day – what’s the big deal, it isn’t like you’re doing manual labor, it shouldn’t hurt that bad. Doesn’t matter what your doing, nerve pain is relentless. Once the drugs wear off I could blow my head off it hurts so bad. Every heartbeat sends a shock of it down my butt, leg and into my foot. I can relate to how lousy you feel. What are the doctors giving you to control it currently?
  • You got it Ron so you know then. You only know if you have it for sure. I still cant get over the fact that dr,s think this is ok for anyone to have this kind of nerve pain and to think medication will stop it. I feel like i was wounded in battle in a war ,and i only had a simple surgery for beter quality of life. Boy did that backfire. When pain subsides i find motivation right away untill it flares up motivation puts on the emergency breaks.

I learned to deal with the fusion pain and hip pain from the fusion which is not pleasent by any means on its own. But you ad the nerve pain to that and wow. It gives a whole new meaning to pain dont mater who you are and how strong you are. This will drop the strongest person to there knees. I walked in the part store knew the nerve was eating at me but i put it out of my mind. By the time i made it back to the car siting in it , it was full blown flare up where i felt like i was going to black out from the pain. Now you have to block out the pain again long enough to drive home. That prety much does me in not to worry why i went and got the part cause sure aint going on the car this day,

You can wake up feeling ok and make small plans for the day but its the nerve pain that will decide what you are going to do not yourself. But i am going to replace this fuel line even if it kills me. They can drag my ass out from under the truck i dont care. Lol
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Nerve pain is freaking Hell . It royally sucks when your leg has been on fire all day and with each step it electrocute your ass then out of no where it decides to throw that wet feeling on top of it, like you just peed on yourself . Gotta check everytime just to be sure. I know our day is dictated by the nerve pain but don't give up on trying to get that car fixed or you will drive yourself crazy . I find the combo of lidoderm patches, Lortab, Zanaflex, cymbalta and tens unit seem to reduce it to a tolerable level so I can do light housework for an hour and breaks in between . If I'm in a flare , screw it not even that works. I've sometimes seriously considered just sawing the darn thing off if I knew phantom pain wouldn't haunt me forever.maybe we can start a new superheroes club ? Spiney lightning asses to the rescue....! Hmmmm... Needs a new name. Any suggestions? :)
  • Sorry Alex, was hoping the new concoction of natural remedies was going to stick. You know I know how it feels too, have it from my neck right on down to my toes, and this new post-op development with my arm is raising all hell with me. We just gotta keep on keepin' on and look forward to those better days that are ahead.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Mouse. I take norco and zeneflex usualy dailey and lately been doing prety good with natural creams geting by. The valium is only when it gets so bad where i feel i would have to go to er. Problem was that i already took a few zeneflex and i am prety sure they said dont take valium if i already took the zeneflex they dont mix. Valium is the only thing when i cant no longer take it that keeps me out of er.

Michelle. You need help. Lol. We are already asses aint that enough? Lol

Kelly you still early out of surgery so you might still get lucky and nerves might calm down and heal. You might even learn how to sing. Ok maybe thats too much to ask for eh? Not much talent comes out of canada eh. Lol.

All i can say is i seriously thought the nerve was healing cause i had almost a couple of weeks of flare ups not beeing as bad as before after using dmso and also coconut oil. Then out of nowhere bamm . I was like on sandford and son tv show. Elisabeth i am coming to join you honey. Voices were talking to me dont go toward the light alex its not your time.

If you girls have this same pain i dont know how you all handle it. I always thought i was strong but seriously this pain many times brought be to praying to god for it to stop. Even when i go to church i find myself praying this would just finaly get beter and get some quality of life back. I even light a candle in church 1 for me and 1 for my dad. I figured i want to cover all basis in case praying helps. Cant hurt i guess i tried everything else. God help us all,

We had a band over the weekend in the park across the street so we went to check it out. The drummer could barely walk poor old boy. 1st thing poped in to my head was there is a band i would fit right in. The crips band. How do you start your guitar on fire without burning yourself up in your wheelchair lol
    2012 scs implant ,
  • There are a lot of different pain meds out there. Lord knows I've tried a lot of them, but cannot stand the ones that make me goofy. I find the two mentioned don't mess me up and I can just be me, at least for a while anyway. I think the ticket is finding what works best for you and sometimes you do have to try different medications. I know a lot of people think I'm nuts, but I have tired alternative therapies and such, but it always comes back to narcotics. Without them, I don't think I'd be here, it is too much for anyone to deal with day in and day out - let alone have any type of enjoyment in life. I'll say a prayer for you as well - i do believe in the power of prayer. Take care - Marion
  • Howdy Alex,

I so hear your pain! Lyrica takes care of like 85% of my "normal" nerve pain, but the zingers, well those suckers bypass Lyrica without a problem! Before I was put on it, I was in tears most of the day, curled in a ball many times - tossing food as it wouldn't stay down.

Over the last year my neck has taken a turn south with more levels involved, and 3 different levels in my back. I never know when "a" particular nerve or nerves are going to get pissed off. The other day walking to the bathroom, the pain that shot down my right leg dropped me to the floor! I stayed there for about 20 minutes - just couldn't move, as each movement zinged even worse. I see my Neurologist next week, and will see what he thinks about it, and what (if anything right now) to do about it.

I hope you and your doctor can figure out a new mix. I've been known to grab a friends arm and smack their funny bone, and as they say "OUCH!!" I tell them, "THAT is what I feel daily in different parts of my body, so is it nothing now?" I have seen people get a nibble of understanding at that point!! Gentle support *HUGZ* my friend.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Alex i will call you ..... ZingerToe or TinkleToes ... Whichever you prefer. :) how I deal with it is take alot of drugs , do a little activities around house and with son when I can and crawl up and cry with a pint of ice cream when I can't take it anymore . Oops.... Kids awake gotta go . Will finish this later .....
  • Alex i will call you ..... ZingerToe or TinkleToes ... Whichever you prefer. :) how I deal with it is take alot of drugs , do a little activities around house and with son when I can and crawl up and cry with a pint of ice cream when I can't take it anymore . Oops.... Kids awake gotta go . Will finish this later .....
  • I have the same pain you are experiencing & it's just how you described it! Did you ever go to physical therapy & let them put the TENS unit on you? I bought one from eBay ($89 version) & I use it for my "OMG someone please shoot me" pain. I can adjust to 12 different settings so it can hit the spot the way I need it to. Although at times my pain gets bad it enough it annoys me (that is rare) but I always say it's my back up. Maybe you've tried it & it did't work for you but I thought I would share just in case. I am currently going through the worst back pain of my life & I have days I cannot get out of bed & all my nights are sleepless. Hence the time of morning it is as I type this. Please keep your sense of humor, your dvd rental agreement, ice packs near by, & a sweet soul to understand & you will survive.
    BTW love the song lyrics
  • Pain and nerve pain for over 26 yrs, and though it is not a competition I do have some experience in knowing how to 'deal' with it. The only time I don't feel pain is when I put my mind on other things. Reaching out to others in some way, reading or writing a letter, doing some type of volunteering (though I can not do physical type anymore), hobbies, any kind of thinking about others (preferably positive), prayer, meditation, etc.

It can be exhausting at times trying to keep my mind occupied or turned away from myself (as we all tend to think of ourselves-human nature), and I have my bad days.. but I rarely write about those because it does tend to make my own pain worse if I think about or communicate about it. I hope you are feeling better soon!!
  • Wow! 26 years is a long time to have pain. I am so sorry to hear that but it's so wonderful that you are able to not think about your pain to deal with it. You have such strength. Maybe you could give some of us at this forum tips on how not to think about it. I've tried books, letters, etc.
  • I done all the nerve pain meds already and i dont do well with them. I took neurontin for long time kept having to increase and always messed with my head so i had to get off it. Same with lyrica. All the gaba meds out there make some of us loopy so i never could do anything while on them. You name it and i probably been on it at 1 time or another.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Yes i have a tens unit i used from way back even before i had surgery. It did help for the back pain at the time. I tried it after surgery fo the nerve pain and for me it would just piss off the nerve even more. At first it felt good but when it had to be shut down it always agrivated the nerve to another level. I done accupuncture for the nerve, deep massage by my chiro but nerve always fights back.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Dang, man, I'm sorry about the nerve pain. That zapping lightning going down the leg (or arm in some cases) is truly hell. I've been lucky to only have mechanical pain after my ACDF and lumbar surgeries (except for a few weeks after my TLIF), but nothing residual, but I can remember...who can forget that kind of pain?

I wish that stretching to get that nerve moving to a better place would help, or a tens or meds...just something because it IS a showstopper.

Take care of yourself and keep that sense of humor. You've been an inspiration to a lot of us and continue to be. Hang in there, my friend. I'm thinking of you. I'm also hoping that nerve pain never hit me again, but if I could, I'd take some of yours from you to make you feel even a bit better. If only we could share...

• 26 years is a long time yes and i am catching up to you real fast. My back problem started at around 29 years of age and now i am 50. I blocked out the pain for many years then in 2004 had my 1 st surgery. We all have the ability to block out the pain to some level. You learn to block it out on a regular basis when you have no choice in the mater. There is a level of pain that can be blocked out and there is a level of pain at times that cant be blocked out.

Years back a dr recomended biofeedback which i tried. To me it was a joke. People drive to a facility and sit around meditating. I walked out telling them well good luck. I can go home and lay down at least and meditate cause sorry but i cant sit here and hurt this bad while siting. Just call me when you guys are ready to do the rain dance. .
    If i could survive driving to a facility 3 or 4 times a week and sit there for hours then i would get a part time job.

I came to realise most of the people in the program was work comp and they were forced in to this type of program or they would lose there benfits. I know this cause when i left they tried to write me up not realising i was not work comp and i could not care less what the young kid who was runing this program wrote. Kid was just out of school still in dipers.

Thats why i feel for many who are w/c and are truly hurt cause i know for a fact they are treated like crap after being injured. And as everyone knows its the people that fake it is who made it a living hell for people who are realy injured. I also seen it 1st hand with my gf who after 15 years working for ups had soulder injury and the booted her after the injury. Alex,
    2012 scs implant ,
  • From what I’ve seen at my pain mgmt doctors office, many of the people there doing therapies and all these bizarre treatments also are workmans comp or some sort of thing to be on a disability. While there are many who should be on a disability – there are plenty who use the system. Personally, I think all these ideas, meditation, the deal where they put the little needles in you all over, and chiropractors are all ridiculous. They don’t do jack for nerve pain. I feel bad you can’t take the perks or lortab, those are the only things that work for me and don’t screw with my head. I am still able or I should say – I MUST work fulltime so there are no options for me. I would lose everything I have worked my entire life for if I were to take a disability – which I should – but I can’t. I hobble in every single day, sometimes late but I make it here. It sucks, it hurts, and that’s all there is to it.
  • Thanks cathie best wishes to you also". Oh boy, Me an inspiration to all? Oh man we are in real big trouble then. Maybe its this dress i am wearing. Does this dress make me look fat?

Mouse. I dont mind some of the chiros. Chiro did help me with my shoulder and worked out a deal with me where i have no out of pocket for seeing him. He accepted medicare payment what ever they covered and most dont do that. When they see how bad you are and had fusion they know they cant crack ya but he always did deep massage and losen up the stiffness in the neck and uper body and such from fusion.

It might never cure ya but nice to have some relef from the stiffness they can provide so a person can function some what beter. I personaly would recomend people see a chiro with spine issues especialy if they have insurance that covers it. Or especialy if still working it can releif lot of the stress and help most if the chiro knows what he is doing. There is no beter muscle relaxer then a good deep massage. Many times i tried geting some releif with. muscle relaxer when body feels like a rock but drugs never even come close to helping as much as a good massage.

Everyone that has a partner should put there partners to work giving them a deep massage each day. That comes without saying thats why they are there for. If dont have a partner hire a cabana boy, You will get much beter sleep after a good massage. Of course sex wont hurt either to help anyone sleep.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Actually - some of us are in such bad shape we wouldn't consider sex...As my wonderful (alternate lifestyle/best friend) hairdresser comment on my deterioration he looks up at me like a lightning bolt - you can't have sex can you? No, I can't...
  • I am totaly aware spine issue can have serious affect on being able to have sex. That to some just adds further to the frustration and stress of the condition. Just some good massage can have just as good affect as sex if its by a loved one. Call it foreplay if you will. I was refering to people who can still have sex mostly i guess pointing out that sex can be very healthy and can help emotional and physical well being not to mention waking up the nerves and muscles in the lower back that some of us spend blocking out if its near our pain generator.

Years ago my neuro recomended this to me actualy saying have as much sex as you can. I was not sure at the time why he said this but later learned what he ment. Next dr visit i brought my blow up doll in to see him asking if he can do mri on her cause bambi is broken. Git-ir-done. Lol. Just kiding of course. Who would name there blow up doll bambi ,
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I know I've been a goof ball lately on posts trying to keep some humor on our situation but I too gave in and went to my dr this morning asking for another round of oral steroids to get my flare under control. It's gotten a little better since Thursday when I considered going to the er but didn't but I told him I'm mentally wore out from the pain and need help. I've been maxing out the narcotics , Tylenol and ibuprofen with the muscle relaxers , tens and lido patches. I told him about swimming and all the natural remedies we have been talking about . He said if I have nerve entrapment none of that matters and that nerve pain is extremely difficult to treat right up there with kidney stones and birth. So he gave me steroids with plan of he will call anesthesiologist and then me about possible steroid shots and ct Myelogram . Then we will go from there . Don't wanna go back on the oxy if can help it and he said let's see if whats the reason behind this nerve pain. Stupid disk is to big , I can tell him that. Anyway, I'll let you know what we do so maybe we both can consider something for this pain. Damn Flexicore .... You suck.... You were supposed to make it go away not bring a party of pain.
  • ugh, sorry to hear you are suffering with such bad nerve pain! I have a constant numbness and tingling in my legs from my t-spine, but it isn't painful most of the time. Today I'm having a lot of nerve pain in my right leg, and I can't imagine having this pain constantly. The back/rib pain is one thing, but this would drive me crazy on a daily basis. Praying that some day you find some relief.
  • Lol i just responded to your post on other post before i read it here. I am not sure why your dr still talking about nerve bein intraped. If that was the case they would ave found it back after the adr surgery because i assume you also had some mri and emg when you realised you had nerve pain after flexicore was put in right? I know i had it all after mine was put in and nerve kept eating at me but they never found any kind of intrapment of the nerve. For the most part everything in there eyes looked ok.

This is the bigest issue that i dont believe they have any way of confirming nerve damage by any test. Emg will show bad signal in the nerve but they have no way to know if its caused by the damaged nerve or posible intrapment. If you have not had an emg thats the 1st thing they need to do with you. If emg shows somthing going on in same level where adr is then you can prety much bet on it its the nerve damage from surgery of the adr level.

Only reason i know i have nerve damage by my adr is when other dr opened me up to do the fusion and he seen it with his own eyes. If it was not for him seeing it i am sure some of my drs would still be looking for intrapment of the nerve not realising you can look forever and all will look ok on mri and mylogram but there is serious pain coming ffrom that nerve.

Trust me i am also mentaly drained from all this pain myself day in day out. There is no dr that knows the perfect way to treat nerve issue because its the most complicated thing to treat it seems. My neuro who i made appointment with who i seen years back at the mayo clinic already canceled on me cause he only sees parkinson patients now. They set me up with his partner for this nerve issue and now they canceled saying another neuro will see me. I already know whats to come out of this. The run around from 1 dr to another because none of them have the answer so as usual i already know they will do nothing but send me back to the pain clinic. I already been through this so many times its a no brainer and i dont even know sometimes why i bother.

Oh wait i remember now the pain makes me do it. I keep thinkin i run into dr house. Ps: yes we need to find the solution and fast so let me know if you find out something new. Good luck
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I have the most serious pain on earth after L4-L5 to S1 and fusion. Synfix peek now the joke is on me. I must have some serious nerve damage but now cant have an mri i have more screws in my back than a hardware store has them in stock.

My doc is full of shit he says everything looks good yeah right and i am Jesus if i even laugh it makes me collapse in so much pain i want to blow my brains out. I lost my sense of humor what-less even think of a sex life that thought alone crushes me god i couldn't imagine even trying that...

I am taking enough drugs to kill a horse and sleep is the worse pain ever when i wake up having to make that first move makes me scream in so much pain words cannot justify it. I sure don't have any answers and am open to any suggestions or thoughts whatever it may be.

My pain also started at 29yrs., old and i would go get a shot or two once in awhile until i was 43yrs. when it started to take over my life now at 49 i am in hell and cant see a way out of it at all. Surgery was April 28, 2011 and there is no way this is going to get better with therapy or rehab he my surgeon did something and he wont take accountability or even think of trying to repair the problems if it can even be fixed at all who know he is about to see the ugly side of me tho.

Good Luck to all of you!
  • Your surgery was this year in april? You have some waitin still to know what the true outcome will be. It can be very painfull for sure. I know its easier said then done. Bt you have to relax as much as you can and make do with the meds untill you are totaly healed. Fusion can take a very long time to totaly heal and fuse and nerves moving back to there position. Just pray that they do and all will be well without nerve damage. They say nerve can heal up to 18 months when they are damaged. Depends what kind of damage probably or how bad. Nobody will even touch you this soon after surgery just maybe pain clinic to help with the pain while recovering so dont hesitate to see pain dr for posibe injection or whatever it takes to help while healing.

Ps: where you from jeff? I dont believe we ever met yet,
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I'm sorry babydoll I know you hurt and I hope that one day we can get this fixed. I love you very much and sorry for hijacking your post but you left it on my phone. You know I'll always be here to help if I can
  • Sorry you're having such bad nerve pain. I've had this nerve pain in my lower leg and foot and it's been annoying after 3-1/4 years. I've tried icing and wrapping heat around my leg and find stretches and Cymbalta help also but sometimes if I do too much the pain is awful. I don't know why but when I lay down on my back and lift that leg straight up I get relief for a few minutes and the second my leg goes down oww it's back.

I know distraction can help and writing that playful song and having a positive attitude does help. Does massaging your leg help? I hope you get some relief soon. Charry

PS-I'm also awaiting EMG results from May 30 and haven't heard anything back from the Neurologist though I call, it seems no one really wants or can do anything for this peroneal radiculopathy for me.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My husband chris is the best!!! honestly I don't know how the hell he deals with this sometimes.
  • I was reading some of the post. I check her every couple of months to see if anyone has had a new "miracle" to stop the pain.I am on heavy meds for so long nothing touches the pain in the butt.I have to lay on my side, can't sit or lay flat.The legs can cause insanity. It is July 24th and I am wrapped in a electric blanket..It is the only thing that gives a little relief.I don't even leave the house anymore.Doctor visits only. He just started me on ropinirole.So far no help.This was the first time I seen people having the same pain as me.I was reading about the person who rubs his legs with his fist,the lady who gets to do an hour of house work, then omg the pain..I really hope you all find something that will help stop the pain. They got to do something soon. I've been to 5 different drs,they all said can't fix, you are on meds the rest of your life.Gee thanks (lol) Thanks for letting me vent.
This discussion has been closed.