Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mimi2threeMMimi2three Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone!
I am a 37 year old female, had my 2nd back surgery in November of 2010 this time they did a fusion at L4-5, I had a previous back surgery in Feb of 2009 same level and part of the disc was removed. I recovered very well was off all medications, had some issues with the incision closing as this took 4 months to heal, but never had any issues with infection. In late April I started having some back pain issues, this got worse daily started having pain down right leg again, had a CT Myelography a few weeks ago this took 7 needles to complete as they had issues getting the needle in due to major scar tissue, this scan showed nothing wrong with the nerves, but did show a new disc herniation at L5-S1, I am waiting on a nerve test.Currently taking 50mg of Fentanly (patch) Lortab 10/500 every 4 hours, Neurontion 600 mg 3 x a day. I am still waiting on a call back from my surgeon who did the fusion to get his suggestions, and have an appt next week with my pain dr.

• That's rough you're having more spine issues. We're here to support you while waiting and through your treatment and hopefully you won't need surgery but we're here to help you through this. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. all the best! you have alot of spineys who can relate to what you are going through so you are not alone! sorry to read of your pain issues especially involving surgery! stop by anytime! good luck! Jenny :)
  • I have had similar issues as you. Three fusions, four back surgeries starting with a laminectomy of L4/L5. Then fusion of L4/L5, the fusion of L1-L5, then fusion of L5/S1. Please let us know what you hear from the surgeon. Good luck!!

Spinal stenosis, spondolysis, spondolythesis, L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion with instrumentation and bone graft from hip, L1/S1 fusion with replacement disc put in and a nice bolt from my spine to my pelvis; PT, accupuncture, prolotherapy, many cortisone injections, 4 rhizotomies. Currently on tramadol.
    L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • I am sorry to hear that you are going through so much right now but you are certainly at the right place to get info and support!! I wish you the best and if I can ever be of any help then please let me know!!! Take care!!
  • I think only the kids can open them!!

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • janiski said:
    I think only the kids can open them!!

Ain't that the truth??? :)
  • URL removed, solicitation not permitted
  • No need to worry, i am also a translater, The above post says=

I live in china. I have fallen and i cant get up". Can someone help me please?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hello My name is Grace 3 years ago I had a van crash into me from behind and my life was never the same what doctors thought was whiplash turned into 2 herinated discs which needed 3 opertations and 7 epidurals and all kinds of medication from codine to morphine in between the first operation and the 2nd within the same year 2009 I was taken into hospital for pain control there they gave me yet another MRI scan I was so druged up I fell asleep in the scanner

My life is never going to be the same I show one face to everyone but when i am alone I cry with the pain and the things I can not do I can not walk more than 15 steps I can not stand for more than 60 seconds I try not to let it get me down and I am not having silly thoughts such as taking my life but I am getting a little depressed about it I worry about my husband will he leave me when or if it gets worse to get close to him physically is very hard for me as I know the pain levels will go up I smile until my face hurts while he is home I know he knows how bad I am my consultant as told me its not going to get better and that i am rare as this type of operation always works but not with me

I need to replace all my negative thoughts with positive I need to find someone I can talk to a friend
  • You have come to the right place. There are a lot of us in chronic pain whose lives have changed dramatically. And thru no fault of our own.

People say "oh you look great" after my latest fusion and think that I feel great also. I live in chronic pain and am looking at 2 more fusions in the future.

Its hard to be positive all the time when we feel like this and its only fair to be depressed at times. I try to focus on what I can do. I get too upset when I think about my former life and how it was taken away from me.

Its always good to talk about these things and you can PM anytime you want.

• Thank you so much for replying to me it really has made me feel so much better by reading your post I know i am not the only one who has pain all day all night but when you have someone tell you it makes such a difference

I am so sorry Jani that you have pain I wouldnt wish it on my worse enermy it slowly destroys your soul people only think about the pain what about the side effects of the drugs as well what about the nearest and dearest i look up and see my husband watching me worrying

I am a strong person and do manange to turn things around I use positive thinking and a dam good sense of humour

Again Jani thank you xx and please feel free to Pm me not sure how this site works yet only 2 days old lol