Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dont know what to do

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Lower Back Pain
My fiance and I have been together for a year an a half. I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, he was everything I ever prayed for and more, before we met he had hurt his lower back at work and ended up having surgery too repair his back, AN IT WORKED! On Aug 2010, he got into a motorcycle wreck and re injured the same part of his back only to be in the same pain over again. His insurance would not cover his injuries because he did not have MEDPAY but they did cover the bike and payed it off. We have not been able to get the treatment he needs as of yet. He is not the same. Hes sad and depressed and then it turns to anger and he takes it out on me. I have stood by him trying to help but it does not work. It feels like too me there is nothing I can do too help him. He has pretty much pushed me away and made it so I cant help him. When he feels better he is so sorry and wants to just be "free from pain". It has taken a toll on me and made me worry constantly, and im stressed and can't help him. Im scared because I feel this could break us up and all are dreams for the future be crushed over Chronic back pain. A truly powerful force. Please help me and give me advice.

• See if you can get your finance to see his family Dr. and talk to him about his anger and he's probably in a lot of pain and needs therapy now. Can you go to a University teaching hospital if he doesn't have the money for treatment or meds? Or can he apply for assistance or disability to get some medical care?

Chronic pain is awful and worse when he's not getting pain relief. I hope he finds the help he needs and things work out between you and sure it would if he gets some relief. Some relationships can't last because of chronic pain. Best wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dont give up hope,i know what he is going threw,i went threw the same with my wife and family.My pain would get so intense that the sound of someone breathing would make me snap,i felt real bad about it later but the constant pain is ALOT to deal with.I eventually went to my family doctor and told him what was going on and he put me on xanax which helped me to relax and made it some what easier to get some sleep at night.
  • Sorry to hear that about your husband. I have been dealing with back pain for the past 7 months, and I also had my ups and downs. It wasn't until about two months ago when I went thru the epidural that I became bedridden the week of the injection both times, and still prefer lying in bed to sitting up. I have snapped numerous times on both family members and close friends but am thankful they have been patient with me. Dealing with the pain is hard and it is a long process to recover but I am thanking God I an still slowly recovering.

Try to be patient and let him know u r there 4 him, try to encourage him to actively get better also but be very nice about it, its easy to get lazy and adapt a blame the world depressed mentality, but u also don't want ppl underestimating your pain, as ive experienced.
This discussion has been closed.