Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery Over

ajr3az76aajr3az76 Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well in about 24 hours should be under my docs awesome hands.
I am filling most of my day with stuff to do followed by a nice dinner and movie with my sweetheart. I am soo happy this day has arrrived.

All the best for those in surgery and recovering.

• Awesome! I know the feeling! What are you having done? I am in recovery from acdf 4-5, it will be two weeks tomorrow! Seriously the time flies by!

I had a really good dinner before my surgery too. I called it my "last meal". That ended up not being necessary because I was able to eat well after surgery!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Alvin,

Good luck on surgery tomorrow and hope you enjoy the day today. That positive attitude will go along way in your recovery. Tomorrow will be here before you know it and it will be all over. Keep in mind that is post surgery pain and it will get better. Be sure to stay on top of your post surgery meds and don't let the pain get ahead of you. Let us know how you do as soon as possible. Will be hear waiting to hear the good news.

• good luck for tomorrow. Hope it all goes to the surgeon's plan and that you will have good pain control when you wake up.

The relief on this side of surgery is wonderful.

Have a great day and evening, and remember to let us know how you are doing once you can post again.

What level are you having surgery on?

• All the luck in the world 2moro, Alvin. Hope u come out of surgery better than ever. :)
  • Hey donnabe
    to answer your question i am having ALIF l5-S1
    And Prodisc ADR at L4-L5

And thanks for all the encouragement and support everyone
  • Great attitude! Let us know how it goes. I hope it brings lots of relief!
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Good luck on your surgery I will be having mine tomorrow as well. Fusion C5-6 and C6-7.
  • Best wishes...try to get a good night rest.
    So glad you splurged on some fun for yourself!
  • Hope all went well with your surgery today. Looking forward to hearing how it all went when you're well enough to post again.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Good Luck on your surgery. You seem to have a wonderful attitude which seems to make a huge difference for people.
  • Best of luck ... Best move I ever made ...I hope you have great results and a great recovery....
  • Just checking in to let you know that I am thinking of you and by now you should be on the other side.Hope that you are well medicated and resting comfortably.

Let us know how you are doing when you are able.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I hope youre feeling better and have a speedy recovery!
  • Thanks everyone for the responses and thoughts. I am 4days post op got home yesterday and wanted to let y'all know how it went. First day lots of surgical pain and a pressure on my back where they did fusion and pro disc. I was continually on morphine,percocet,flexural, and that cool lil gadget that keeps local anesthetic on the surgical site. In and out of coherence all day. Pretty much the same on Friday with a bit more awareness. Oh the pain when the pt person came by. I was doing fine sitting at bedside but when I tried to stand in my walker pain shot from 3 to 10 in a few seconds. My whole body sweat and it took a while for me to stop crying. But I was able to stand by the evening with the help of my stomach binder( I love my binder,am thinking of giving her a name lol).

Saturday I was off morphine and was getting along quite well with my new ride ( walker)

Oh and when the doc came by and I asked how the surgery went he responded "it went perfect" his own words.

So now I am just trying to have more bowel movements I was on a clear diet until Sunday so I am taking the eating very carefully. When I get a chance I will post my post surgery xray

• Glad to hear that you are doing so well. I am now 6 days post op. What are you taking now for pain management now that you are at home? Do you have someone at home with you to help you out? My husband has been so wonderful helping me.

Great thing to take for bowels is Miralax (restoralax,lax a day) it is powder that you mis with a drink or yogurt. It has been great for me, as I have had a lot of problems since being on narcotics for the past year. I take it once a day and it works wonders.

Glad that you are home, will send healing vibes your way for a complete recovery.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Awesome thanks Karen. I am taking 1-2 percocet every 4hours. Tryin to take it easy today. I think Saturday and Sunday were a bit too much for me. My wife is home with me and our five munchkins are at grandmas forna few weeks.