Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the site, no back pain (anymore)!!

ShermanSmithSShermanSmith Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:54 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I just found this site and I think it's an amazing resource for people with back pain! I wanted to be here and help contribute what knowledge I can.

I had back pain for almost 15 years and tried surgeries, alternative treatments like massage and chiropractic, anything I could think of. I had given up hope of ever getting it fixed when I saw an article on Digg a few years ago about standing desks. I'm a computer programmer and a geek, so I spent 12+ hours a day sitting on the computer (and that doesn't count my hour long commute, sitting at the dinner table, or sitting and watching TV!).

I ended up switching to a standing desk because hey, what could it hurt? But within two months, my pain had almost entirely disappeared - it was amazing! I ended up starting a site to help promote the use of standing desks, if anyone has any information to add to it let me know, I'd love to keep it up to date and comprehensive. If you have experience with standing desks, I'd love to let you do a guest post if you want!

So I don't have back pain anymore, but I learned a lot during my 15 years of pain, so I figured I'd share what I know with this awesome community.

Thanks!
Sherman
advertisement