Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie looking for help on back pain

kaithsandykkaithsandy Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in New Member Introductions

I am Kaith, newbie for this forum. I am looking for help on back pain. I feel lots of pain in my lower back. I do my most of the work by seating. Is it due to this? Any exercises for it or any treatment? I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You'll find a lot of information on this site with regards to back pain and symptoms and the members of the forum are very helpful, knowledgeable and supportive.

Lower back pain is a fairly general term - can you tell us more about what kind of pain you're feeling? Sitting can sometimes make back pain worse, but I don't think it "causes" problems such as disc herniations, stenosis or facet joint-type problems.

If you could give us more information like your symptoms, if you've seen a doc, etc., that would go a long way in helping us to help you.

Thanks and take care.
  • If you're sitting all day at your job try to get up and walk every hour for a few minutes. Do you have pain getting up or walking? I know some pain is caused by a lot of sitting but could be other things involved. Is there something specific that could have caused the back pain? When my back pain started my Dr. prescribed an anti-inflammatory and Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy first but you should see your Dr. to find out what you need to do. Any numbness or tingling or weakness in your legs needs to be assessed soon.

Try not to bend at your waist at all but instead crouch down. If you need to look behind you turn your whole body and not at your waist. When lifting something hold it close to your body and crouch down to get it. Try not to over reach for anything. Ice and heat may help until you see your Dr.

There are many exercises available in the Spine Health articles but with anything see your Dr. first. Best wishes and we're here when you need support. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have been given some really good advice already. please have a good look around and make yourself at home!! good luck as you search for answers.. Jenny :)
  • Welcome to the site, and I agree you've gotten good advice. You could probably find on the site or elsewhere on the web some back exercises - stretching and core strengthening. Take it easy until you talk to your doctor.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.