Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to Forum- Compression Fractures and 6 months preggo!

CJMerryCCJMerry Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone. I've decided to finally make the dive into receiving support for what feels like "hell" sometimes. I'm sure many people can relate to having to explain "what is wrong" all the time!
When i was 14 I broke my back while vaulting as a gymnast. We then found out I also had scoliosis. Needless to say, i probably shouldn't have done competitive gymnastics for 5 years! Anywho, here I am 24 and completely happy with the decision to try and have a baby! Pregnancy has been anything but wonderful. I constantly live with the guilt of having to take pain medication while pregnant even though I have been cleared by 3 different doctors on TOP of the pain of normally being preggo! It could always be worse, but sometimes I can't help but just cry at 4 in the morning when I can't sleep. ughhh!

Any advice? Anyone hurt themselves in their teens? Anyone deal with this while pregnant? Thanks in advance guys!

• Welcome and yes i had a baby while taking heavy pain killers under the close observation of 5 drs. We planned it a year in advance and when they had a plan said go ahead. I understand the concern but this is a time to try to trust the drs. Take what you need , we were told the baby would stay in nicu no matter what but he was born 3 weeks early because of my high blood pressure by c section and was fine. No nicu . Not everyone is the same but as long as you follow your doctors , eat right and take care of your self it is possible to have a healthy pregnancy with pain meds . It wasn't easy cause we were in the dr office for ultrasound 2 times a week last 4 months . Was bedrest for high blood pressure . Baby was fine. Btw get one of the support belts , they help alot . Congrats and good luck
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i have been a pain patient since i was 15 years old myself.. i know what it is like to go through high school and not participate.. here i am some 40 years later and still a pain patient!!!i want to wish you a happy and healthy baby!! you sound so excited!! i am only the mother of four legged friends so i can not answer your questions but i know you are under excellent care!!! be sure and stop by the forum anytime!! spineys are a friendly bunch!! Jenny :)