Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is it possible that this is working????

kathyykkathyy Posts: 580
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Spinal Injections
I had an epidural steroid injection above my fusion site which is L4-L5. I had the injection on July 6th. My back has been awful since the injection BUT......I woke up today and my back was remarkably better. Is it possible that it might take an injection 8 days to work? Or perhaps it's just a "lucky" day. Can anybody weigh in on this. Do you think it could take that long or do you think it's just "happenstance?"

• My doctors say it has to get worse before it gets better. They say typically the injection is fully working at 7 days. So it wouldn't surprise me that it is setting in now. Hopefully this will be the magic you need to make you feel better, and hopefully it holds. Keep us posted on how it goes.
  • It can take a week or so for the medicine to do it's work.

Hopefully, you will continue to feel better!
  • Guys.....I spent the past 2 days pulling weeds and planting flowers in my garden. At least 5 hours both days. (I am a master gardener).) And on top of that, I have begun walking in the neighborhood again. Just a mile but still.. This is heaven! My back still hurts but it is very manageable with the help of my regular pain meds.

After working in the yard, I bike to the neighborhood pool and swim for an hour or so to relax back. Right now, at the culmination of 2 days chock full of weeding and putting out pine straw, I am using my tens unit but my back is still holding up. Don't know how long it will last but it's like getting a little bit of my life back. I literally weep with joy. If you could see my face you would know that I am! I may not ever get this back again but thank God. I wish my few days of relief for each and every one of you. For us all!