Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic Pain in Neck and arm weaknes with tingly fingers

PeterCoxPPeterCox Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Everyone,
I am glad to have found this site and would appreciate some advice.
My wife and I are English but live on the East Coast of Spain. Tricia, my wife, is experiencing chronic pain in her cervical spine. Unfortunately the symptoms she is experiencing are not traditionally consistent with the diagnosis of Osteoarthrosis and a herniated disc between C5 - C6.
Her main area of pain is in the neck itself especially where the cervical spine joins the skull as well as throughout the rest of the cervical spine. No other spinal pain. In addition she is experiencing spasms in her tongue, cheek and the roof of her mouth which cause her to retch without actually being sick. She also finds talking and eating difficult as they cause pain and muscle spasm. She does have traditional symptoms of weakness and tingling feelings in her left arm, although this is slowly worsening, with the right arm beginning to become affected.
Currently she has been prescribed Transtec Patches 52.5 along with 60mg of Duloxetine which are not working satisfactorily to reduce pain.
I would appreciate any comments or experience anyone may have.
Thanking you in anticipation,
Peter Cox

• What type of doctor has your wife seen?

Wishing you the best....

• Hi Marianne,

She has been seen by a Traumatologist (Orthopaedics) who prescribed the Transtec Patches. A cursory visit whilst in ER by Neurologist who pronounced "Her brain is alright". A Physio doctor who arranged the MRI.
    Waiting for appointment for Nervous System test ?????

• Hello Peter,

I am currently awaiting surgery on Monday 7/25, and I have had the left arm weakness and tingly fingers. I do have a tingling that has intensified on the right side of head near my ear and cheek. I do not have the spasming in the tongue and roof of mouth. The area being fused for me is C3-4 and C4-5. I had C5-6 and 6-7 fused 4 years ago.

Perhaps that is the culprit area for your wife?

Wishing your wife and you the best!
  • Post deleted - SPAM - Member has been banned

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 08/05/11