Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Kicked in the back

KimD592KKimD592 Posts: 435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My 2-year old kicked me square in the back, right near my incision, during a tantrum today. I'm in terrible pain now. I took an oxycodone, muscle relaxant and motrin. I have my 2-week postop visit tomorrow. Should I be concerned? I nearly vomited when it happened...it brought tears to my eyes.

• Hey.......so sorry to hear that. I would just tell the doctor what happened, hopefully nothing else happened. I will say that I had a few minor "blips" during previous recoveries and nothing came of it, but you never know. Hope youre feeling better!

Oh wow, hon. I can imagine that you probably saw stars. Gives me the shudders just to imagine that! ACK!

Yeah, I agree with Charlie...make sure to tell the doc tomorrow. Keep an eye on things for sure... maybe try an ice pack for a bit, see if that helps.

I would think that if the pain suddenly gets super severe or you feel like something is off, to go to the ER.

Keep us posted and watch out for that youngin!
  • Thanks guys! Doing better today. Finding that the pain starts out pretty mild early in the day, but by afternoon/evening, it definitely gets worse. Still, everyday is getting easier and easier. I'd imagine in a few weeks I'll feel as good as new!
  • Ouch! Sounds painful!

I find the same thing..... My pain is ok in the morning, but in the late afternoon and evening, the muscle spasms and pain start up! So I still take pain meds and muscle relaxers at night!

Good luck on your 2 week. Let us know what the doc says!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg