Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Disc Herniation C5 C6 disc bulge c7 t1

dibella6ddibella6 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was involved in a car accident on October 31 2010. I was brought to the hospital with neck , back pain. I did X-ray, everything was normal. I was referred to seek a chiropractor. I have been doing chiropractic treatments for approximately 9 months now. I was ordered to do MRI in January. I got my MRI results.

Findings of cervical spine: A straightening of cervical lordosis is noted. No intramedullary bony lesions are present. The spinal cord is normal in caliber and signal intensity. There is no evidence of intraspinal or paraspinal masses or spinal stenosis. Adjacent soft tissues were unremarkable. No fracture is seen. The craniocervical is intact. The visualized posterior fossa structures, base of skull, and c1/2 level are within normal limits.
At the c2/c3 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated with no evidence of herniation.
At the c3/c4 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated with no evidence of herniation.
At the c4/c5 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated with no evidence of herniation. The neural foramina are patent.
At the c5/6 level, the disk space is maintained. There is disk dehydration.
At the c6/7 level, the disk space is maintained. There is disk dehydration. There is a posterior disk herniation impringin on anterior thecal sac.
At the c7/t1, the disk space is maintained. the disk is well hydrated. there is a posterior disk bulge.
Findings: disk herniation c6/c7, disk bulge c7/t1, straightened cervical lordosis consistent with spasm.
The other MRI for thoracic spine:
findings: the vertebral body height, alignment and marrow signal appears to be normal throughout. the cord seems intrinsically unremarkable. The disk spaces and hydration appear normal. The neural foramina appear to be patent bilaterally.

I have tried the traction and it wasn't successful I got severe headache from that and stopped this treatment after attempting three times. I've been doing the electric stimulation treatment, hot n cold treatment 3x a week, massages 2x a week but I stopped the massage treatment because I can not tolerate the pain. The massages makes the pain worser.There is a tingling and numb sensation on my right arm going on and off everyday. My doctor wants me to do EMG Electromyography test and receive an Epidural Injection. I can not tolerate the pain anymore. What should I do?

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others going through the samething as your self. I would try the injections as i have seen many come do the injections and are out and about living a normal life. If the injections fails then they can come up with other options as far as treating you. But typically the insurance companies will want these done first before approving any other treatments. You might find it helpful to look at a dermatone map and the anatomy of the spine, to gain better understanding

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • Hi! I wanted to give you a success story and help you find some hope!

I have a major herniation at L4-L5 and was treated with an ESI three years ago. The injection made me virtually pain free for three years! Recently the pain has come back so my doctor gave me another injection yesterday. I have high hopes that this will fix me for awhile at least.

The procedure was a breeze. Opt for the sedation if available. I don't even remember the shot.

Good luck to you and I hope you find relief soon!