Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bone growth stimulator re-use

cairoccairo Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I used one of these 4yrs ago for my C6-7fusion for just 30min a day and all went well and I still have the machine. However, 5wks ago, I had to have two add'l cervical levels done and wanted to re-use this stim. but it's only programmed for 9mos of use and my ins. plan will only cover these every 5yrs. They cost $5000 though financial asst is available!

My question is this-it seems my existing appliance would work, just not the little timer machine attached, as it is magnet based unless the magnets are no longer good after 4yrs? Does anyone have any experience with re-use of these?

• Hi there, sorry, I do not have an answer for you but am curious to see the responses.
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having more issues and wish you the very best.
    I am actually wearing one of these devices now, mine is to be worn for 4 hrs a day for the 9 mos.

I am hopeful it will help with the fusion :)
    take care
  • Cairo, I used a bone stimulator for my back and if I remember right, it comes with a lot of batteries to replace so you can continue the use of the stimulator. I would think as long as you have the batteries to replace the old ones, then you would be fine. It just sends electrical signals back and forth to help with the blood flow in the area of the surgery. The more blood flow you have the better chance for a successful fusion. You might be able to google the question also, and see if you find more answers. I hope this helps.