Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Stenosis

tasherlockttasherlock Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Spinal Stenosis

I have just joined this forum from Brisbane Aust. In 2006 my trouble started with a severe burning sensation in my right leg. Discovered the problem was Spinal Stenosis and was referred to the Neurosurgery area at Brisbane Hospital. The registrar gave me some very comforting news when he said" Back operations for leg pain are 95% successful while operations for back pain are a different story". I had the surgery in March 2007 and it was successful. The leg cramping I had before the op. was gone. Was left with Peripheral Neuropathy which will be with me forever. As long as I wear the right shoes I can walk for 2/3 hours. Driving is now limited to about 20 miles before the feet cramp up like blocks of wood. Hope this helps others with this problem.

• Tasherlock,

Welcome to Spine Health! Thanks for posting what you did, gives me warm feelings. I have stenosis at L3/4 and L5/S1 thanks to Spinal Epidural Lipomastosis. I also have Peripheral Neuropathy that developed thanks to hernias at L2/3/4.

Like you, my surgeons (2 so far) told me the Neuropathy is most likely to stay, and with surgery the leg pain, spasms and burning most likely will resolve, but *no* guarantees on whether the back pain itself will go. Since my neck is once again screaming for attention, the compression will continue until the neck is resolved enough to work on the back. Glad to hear you did get improvement. Again, Welcome aboard!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.