Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

In praise of Aleve

edneelyeedneely Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Pain Medications
For my lower back pain, I was prescribed several types of pain killers over the past few years, mainly high-dosage ibuprofen, and several different muscle relaxers. None of them seemed to help much.

Then someone recommended I try Aleve (naproxen). The difference was astounding. It did a much better job of alleviating (pun intended) my pain than anything else I had ever tried.

Has anyone else had this same experience?

• I am so happy you found something that helps! Unfortunately Naproxin Sodium did nothing to help me. It helps other family members quite a bit. I found ibuprophen to help a lot more.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Naproxen has never really done anything for me, but my mom loves it. She has terrible arthritis in her hands, her fingers are all knotted and twisted, and so far, it's the best thing that has helped her with it.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I've tried all of them even Celebrex. Now I'm back to these again and they also help with migraines. I don't know if it doesn't do anything to my back anymore.

I did use Ibuprofen with a muscle relaxant Robaxin platinum and found it helped 3 months before I had to quit working but anything if it's only inflammation it can help but if there's seomthing more going on with your back or neck pain the meds only help for so long.

Welcome to the forum Edneely and tell us more about yourself, Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm using Mobic and it seems to work the best for me, for years I lived on Ibuprofen and even when my back took a turn for the worse I was on it, then I was switched to naproxin and was on that for a year or so. It seemed similar as far as pain relief, but it was horrible on my stomach so I was switched. Mobic doesnt seem to have the same effect on my stomach unless I dont take it with food.

I'm glad that naproxin is working so well for you and I hope it keeps doing its job for years to come...Mitch