Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catsinc3ccatsinc3 Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:55 AM in Recovering from Surgery
im 4days post op l5-s1 micro besides terrible seizing of muscles i have horrid feeling ive reherniated!!!!!!!!im getting very sore right side above hip and niggling sciatica the op removed disc from the left!!!!!!!!i had a hugepasm whilst on the loo yestrdat really jolted me,hurt like hell at the time and is getting worse,copeable with when pain meds are fairly fesh ie b4 the 3 hr mark.still cant sit and terrified to lie down as my torso seizes..omg praying i havent redone the piggin disc on the other side..any ideas???:(
advertisement

Comments

• When you said you had a "huge spasm while on the loo", could you be constipated? The reason I ask is because for me personally, even a year after my last surgery, whenever my bowels are involved it makes my back pain 10 times worse - even if I'm not constipated!

Also, could the increased pain you are experiencing be due to recovery from your microdiscectomy, as I'm sure the surgeon would have moved some internal muscles as well as mucking about with your disc area.

If you are concerned at all, if it was me, I'd get back in touch with the surgeon just to get advice and peace of mind.
    SUE
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • I agree with Sue about bowels and more back pain. It has happened after all 3 of my fusions and seems to be a rather constant in my life.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • hi thx for your replies..it wasnt during a constipation episode lol,i didnt go until 4 days post op i took fybergel the night b4 i suffer with ibs on and off anyway so always have stuff to hand lol.i get the spasms all the time when sitting on the loo.im just sitting there quietly and wham!body does a jig and it hurts!i have them less with a hot water bottle but havent worked out how to take that to the loo with me lol.the diazapam the gp gave me is really helping with them aswell.can only take 2mg day time otherwise i feel very sleepy..took 2 b4 bed and woke up being able to move!!!result.today the right side feels more like very sore muscle than anything else.me and my trusty hot water bottle im in love:) sorry dont know how to do all the smilies ..its nice i can sit for a little while without locking up the heat deff helps.an old lady i clean for aged 91 gave me it and told me to use it all the time when i first hurt my back,doctor said ice but that really really killed!the heat from the bottle and i bought heat patches made the sciatica less fierce.i should prob upgrade to a heat pad lol but funds are tight due to being stuck at home post op.but today im feeling optimistic and thats the first time since i was called by hospital 2 days prior to surgery to be told i was going in!loads of notice i was given!but in a way it stopped me dwelling too much and gettn myself into panic mode...thanks for all your support and hope everyone is healing nicely today :)