Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in left shoulder

Jewel2005JJewel2005 Posts: 59
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Pain in left shoulder, upper left chest, and left shoulder blade.I was told that it might be tendinitis. I hear a crackling sound when I turn my head coming from that side of my neck. Any ideas anyone? I have a small osteophyte disc complex on my the left side at c6-7 but don't think it could be causing all these symptoms. There's a minimal impingment on the left side of thecal sac and ventral root ganglia. Thanks for any information.

• Hello,

Prior to my ACDF surgery 2 weeks ago, I had pain in right shoulder, down left arm and into the hands and also my spinal cord was impinged. I wouldn't be shocked if it is your neck. If it worsens, you may want to seek a professional opinion.

Good luck! :-)

• Jewel I have the same pain in shoulder down my left arm and left pec muscle but I was diagnosed the severe left forminal stenosis but was having the same pain prior to the change in my c6 c7 region it was only mild stenosis probably should get some emg testing and that will show where the problem is
  • Jewel,

When my C6/7 went, I had burning pain in my right shoulder, and the bottom half of my shoulder blade. The shoulder blade was *the* most painful part.

I don't recall any chest pains associated with this level however.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.