Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need advice

hollywoodhhollywood Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:55 AM in Depression and Coping
hey guys,

I have a bigger issue now and maybe someone out can help me. I just found out that my fmla loa plicy has been exhausted and I am now still waiting for surgery date for my alif and plif. And scared to death because its made it hard on me with my job and this surgery on the line.. has anyone ever been through this before if so please explain. Or even advice would help. I have worked sooo hard to get to were I am today but at the same time I am in really bad pain Thank you for your time in this matter and look for forward to hearing from you guys.

advertisement

Comments

• Do you have any short term or long term disability at work? If not maybe you can get a LOA unpaid? It's hard if you don't have any benefits to fall back on or holidays. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Depending on what state your in, will depend on your wether they will reserve your position or not. I would speak to your HR rep, and find out how you stand with the employer. Also it will depend on your companies policy on leave of absences. So while you might have the benefits for long and short term disability, the question I think your asking is do they have to maintain your position. In most instances the answer is no, legally. But if you are in good standings with your employer and are a value to them, they might want to on those facts alone. If your close with your boss and have a good relationship with him/her, find out what they think. FMLA runs on a rolling calendar year, so depending on when you used that time, you might have it renewing again.