Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help, 21 years old, in constant sever neck pain....no doctors can tell me anything.

Mrs.NBeckmanMMrs.NBeckman Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello everyone, thanks for reading. My name is Nyssa, I am 21 years olds, I've been suffering from constant severe neck pain for several years now. My mother and I were in a car accident in 2001, hit form behind, but a drunk driver, I got out ok, but did suffer from whiplash. Now 10 years later, I'm in constant extreme pain. It's primarily just a all over ache thats mostly right up in my hairline, to about midway down my neck, it wraps around closer to my ears as well. It has been this way for years now, I missed a ton of school back when I was in high school, I've lost jobs because of it. Now I find myself newly married, needing to work, but some days, barely making it up oiut of bed. I've seen doctors for it, I was told i have arthritis in my neck, then told i dont, I've been told that i have bulging disks in my neck, but that most people do. I've tried everything, heat, ice, roll ons, heat pads, hot showers, physical therapy, im so incredibly frustrated. No one has been able to tell me what is actually wrong. The pain will get worse with strenous activity, but also gets worse from doing something simple like the dishes.... any advice, thoughts,or support would be greatly appreciated! thanks, sorry this got so long...

• hi! Have you had an mri? You should get a second opinion. Sometimes people think that because we are young it can't be a herniated disc, or it can't be that bad. Well we need to advocate for ourselves. Get a second, third, fourth opinion until you find some answers.

Good luck to you, I know you will get some answers.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • There is no age restriction for seeing a rheumatologist. My daughter was 14 when she started seeing a pediatric rheumatologist. A rheumatologist can evaluate you and possibly prescribe something to decrease the inflammation or possibly refer you to pain management for shots to decrease the inflammation.

Welcome to the site....sorry you need to be here.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • I had an Mri years ago, im suppose im just not really sure where to start, like what kind of doctor i need to see. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be great!
  • a rheumatologist? Ive never been to one, but that is a wonderful idea! thank you so much! I'm really hoping to get pointed in the right direction, this will get me started thanks!