Hi guys :H :H :H :H
I was supposed to have ALIF in june, but I ended up getting bronchitis. I had to put it off, and I still haven't done it. I am supposed to be fused at l5s1, and I am scared to DEATH :''( .
I was talking with my husband, and my insurance company with work comp is willing to settle with me. The problem is that I would have to say that I would never want surgery, EVER. Well, I want to go back to work!!! I know that right now I can't do a 8 hour day. I am not taking pain meds at this time unless it is horrible pain.
My question is this, if I have good days, and not take pain meds BUT not be able to do what I used to do, is it really worth it to get this surgery?
We figure that if I settle, and don't have the surgery, where will I end up? I am wondering if I will ever just get better? 8> .
I have done all of the treatments, and did end up having a microdiscectomy. That didnt help at all. I then had a injection, and that didnt work. The odd thing is that I go through good periods, then I go through very painful ones. I know that this is my decision alone, but for those of you that have had this surgery I need some ideas!
I feel like I am going round, and round with this. I am very scared, I am scared of the pain, and also not being able to just get up, and go. Did any of you feel this way before they had surgery? Thanks so much for reading. I really do need to decide what I am going to do, and I am so afraid that I will be worse after surgery than I am now. I do have my doctor, and the comp doctor saying to go ahead with surgery.
Thanks so much!!!!