Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Re: congenital bone fusions in my neck

Mommyx23MMommyx23 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was in a car accident in November. Teen driver was texting and hit my friends car from behind. I hit my head on the window and got whiplash. Since then I have been haveing migrains and terrible pain in my neck. Never had this before! They did MRI's and found 14 bone fusions in my neck! They say I was born with this and the car insurance will not help pay for my medical expences! I never had so much pain in my life! I would love to hear from others that have the same problem as myself. What do you do to get thru the day? medical treatments? I am also missing a kidney, so I am worried about long term affects of medications.

• Hi YK,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. I am a little confused when you say 14 bone fusion? What levels do you have a congenital fusion at? There are several others whom have congenital fusion on the forums. Did you get a copy of your MRI report? If not I would get a copy of that report and see what it says yourself. How many opinions did you get? The car insurance that says they are not paying, it depends have you had prior treatment on your neck. The congenital fusion will be of non issue if you have not had prior medical treatments. If you hadn't I would hire a personal injury attorney, to get proper treatments. They will take your case and will get paid out of any settlement money. If you have not had any prior treatments you can try calling the insurance company and telling them that first, before seeking legal advice.

AS far as medications, you really need to let the doctors work with that. I think your looking for meds that would filter through the liver and not the kidney. A good pain management doctor would be the best thing as they know these things. Have you tried any physical therapy? Also ice and heat help. I will use them together, ice on one side and heat on the other side. Also there are Ten's units available that might give you relief. I have one and use one hour on and one hour off.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Keep us posted.
  • I do have a Ten's unit, but a lot of my pain is at the base of my neck at the hair line. I use it regularly and it helps when the pain is not near the base of my skull! I have also had steroid injections 3 months ago and they helped a lot, but they have worn off and the doctor will not do them again for 3 more months. My attorney is wanting to settle, because none of the doctors will go to bat for me. They all say this ia a pre exsiting matter, even thought I have not had any issues before this. It is all very frustraiting. I cried myself to sleep last night because of the neck pain and migrain that I have has for 4 days now. I have 2 children that I need to take care of and it seems like the take care of me more than I do them.