Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

just looking for support :)

lifeasweknowit652llifeasweknowit652 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in New Member Introductions
hi everyone, my name is Danny, I'm 24. Recently aggravated a pre-existing injury at work, and been out for over 6 weeks now. i've updated my medical history here. im mainly here just looking for support, see how everyone copes with their injuries and gets on with daily life. My wife and I have a little boy on the way :). I just hope i can get back to normal life even with all these injuries....

• Welcome to Spine-Health. There are a number of people who post here who are a similar age. This is a great place for information and support. What have you been doing to help your issues - PT, pain management? Congratulations on the little one coming!

When I was pregnant with my first, my husband had a bad herniation at L5-S1 and I felt bad for him when I was in labor. :* I even drove home from the hospital. He had a discectomy a couple weeks later. Best wishes.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • HI Danny,

Welcome to spine-health. I feel for you at such a young age and to already have dealt with spine issues for 6 years. Congrats on the little one, hopefully they can get you up and about and doing better to enjoy your new arrival. Did the injections and therapy help any? When do you go back to see the doctor? What kind of doctor is treating you now surgeon or a pain management? What type of meds do they have you taking?

Have a look around and you will find others whom have issues at the same levels you do. I am not sure if your injury is work related or not? I seen in the profile it is, but are they paying for your treatments? Sometimes in the world of work comp things can move real slow but stay on your case worker if your work comp.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Look forward to reading more of your post. Take care.
  • thanks for the support, my first accident at work, i got railroaded pretty bad, took a small settlement check, a regular physician did no testing, and called it on a small back strain. so now im fighting with current workers comp insurance adjusters who say its a pre-existing condition.

my current pain management physician, who gave me the epidural injections and physical therapy prescriptions, recently told me that he cannot see me anymore and to go see an orthopedic surgeon. he wrote me a script for 40 percocet 10/325, and that was a week ago...i go for a new MRI tomorrow.
  • also PT aggravated this recent injury..pretty discouraging...
  • Hi there and welcome. I hope you find the support you need here, I am almost sure you will. I recently joined also for support and ideas. I know dealing with pain at 38 is so depressing since it started at 35. I don't have babies anymore my children are growing up fast but I do have grandkids and not being able to do certain things with them upsets me. You learn to make accomodations do different things that they like.
    I just wanted to say welcome and how exciting for the new little one to come.