Well I am in the midst of another flare up that started on Sunday with lower back pain and a lot of left leg pain so bad that I have been log rolling in and out of bed again. The fever started yesterday.
Fortunately I had a review appointment with my first surgeon booked for today. At last he says he is going to take the screws out.
He is going to biopsy and debride too and I told him I was worried the infection was in my bones so he is going to have a good look while he was in there.
On the upside I don't have to make the decision to have the operation. I feel so bad at the moment, barely been out of bed since Saturday. Hot then cold and dizzy with headache. Yurgh!
On the downside he won't give me any antibiotics till post op so I have to live in pain and feverish and feelind sick until Tuesday.
I just hope that this sorts it out for once and for all. My back has defined my life for over two years now and I want my life back.