Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

oxycodone vs hydrocodone 10 mg 325

jeanniebugsjjeanniebugs Posts: 72
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Pain Medications
I'm in process of going from surgeon to new pm dr and omg what a mess he do sent want me on the oxycodone 5 m ir 2 every 6 hrs so he put me on bu trans patch worse 9 days of my life so today i go back nd he puts me on norco i just don't get it and he do-sent get why im still seeing surgeon and why isn't handling pain meds still im at a loss i don't know what to do i go see surgeon on Sept 1 st the oxycodone was working fine for teh most part now i spend my days in pain need adv please thanks yall

• I had to return to my Dr. several times and let her know how I was feeling and if I wasn`t getting sleep due to pain or couldn`t walk or do anything because the pain meds wore off after a time and had to return every few weeks until I got some tolerable pain relief. Why wouldn`t the Dr. keep you on a pain med that was working for you.

Maybe you can keep a pain journal listing when you have pain and what relieves it and what limitations you have so you can show him when you go in.

Usually Surgeons refer patients to pain management as they`re more skilled to handle pain shortly after surgery. When was your surgery and what did you have done. I hope you can get some relief. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi doll,
    He wants to try this cause he says that's was to much oxycodone along with 10 mg a kadian that's a great idea im gonna have to do something cause this isn't working i had alif nov 1 and a disectomy in 2006 thanks i hope so too