Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I dont know if this is the right place to ask but ???

so I broke my back 6 months ago (T12- L4 if anyone else knows what that means. nobody seems to..) in a car accident. I was in a coma for 3 weeks. They thought I would be paralyzed. luckily I'm not and i'm so thank full for that. But in general between the pain and the mental crap I can't take it any more.

So I have this nasty back brace. At first i thought it was causing most of the pain, 3 months ago they took the brace off. but I'm still in so much pain. I'm really afraid its never gonna get any better. but today was the last straw I had a check up with my doctor and he said my blood pressure is way to low and that I'm losing too much weight. I'll admit i have been losing weight but I got really pissed cause lately I've actually been to forcing myself to eat more then I really want to.
The main thing is I'm just depressed. I'm a 16 year old girl and I require a walker/cane to get around. I feel horrible my parents are swimming in medical bills. I feel like I'm just waiting for things to get even worse.

but that's enough complaining I know I'm not the only one with back problems someone has got to have some advice? any Intelligent advice is invited. thank you.

• Oh Sami! I am so sorry you are going through this and at such a young age!

T12-L4 means your back has been broken from the last thoracic vertabae to the 4th out of 5 lumbar vert.

I am a parent of a 14 year old daughter and I can't imagine the thought of her being in such an aweful accident and coma!!! Please don't worry about the financial cost to your parents! You are their daughter and you are invaluable!!!

Do you have a pain management doctor? Someone that is in charge of managing your pain? If not, that may be a great palce for you to begin!

Wishing you all the very best and a complete and speedy recovery!! Congrats on making it thru such a horrible accident! God has an amazing plan for you!