Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Decided on trial

VivBVVivB Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hello all,
I used to post often regarding injections and fusion surgery a few years ago on this site.
Never received the complete pain reduction that I expected for my L4/L5 fusion surgery. I always was concerned about how things just didn't feel right. This past spring, I have had 3 injecitons (2 days relief each) and a MRI which states scar tissue at the surgery level and below. The pain is exactly the same as was prior to surgery.
After physical therapy on Wednesday (8/17) I could hardly walk. I missed work - and in the end - it gave me a good reason to decide to try the stim trial. I met with the surgeon last month (July), and was to follow-up in September. So, I made the call to set me up! I'm on a few different medicaitons, but continue to go to work, but that's all my life seems to be. Work (office Manager) and then ice/rest/stretch for the next day.
Ugh - I'm so depressed too. I pray that this will give me some relief. Everyone's input on this forum has helped me to decide to give it a try. Thank you!!

• Good luck with your trial. There was enough success with mine to convince me to move forward with the permanent device. Unfortunately there was a design flaw in the way they sutured the paddle lead and my wire was cut by the sutures within 12 months of my surgery. They didn't know that until they opened me up to replace it since it had stopped working. I've got a totally new system now and am back to some relief. It isn't 100% relief, but it does take care of my significant arm pain and I just have to deal with my back pain. We're still working on programming it to optimal levels now.
  • Time flies while we wait :) Had my psyc eval on 9/15/11, and still awaiting approval through insurance and Dr. I've talked to a couple ladies in my local area and another lady who is an ambassador. Their stories excite me on how the pain is much more bearable. It would be wonderful to do more than I can now. Will keep everyone updated!!
  • :H Finally got an appointment for the trial on Oct. 31st. The trail stim will be in until Nov. 9th. Seems like a long time.
    I was told to try to still work (majority of work involves sitting at my desk) possibly part-time. Just take it one day at a time for now. I'm excited!