Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hormone shots

LisaRachelLisaRachel Posts: 291
edited 06/11/2012 - 1:56 PM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Hi there,

I'm wondering if any of you have experince this. I'm starting to take shots to stop my perioud it's called louprin. One of the side effects is osteoporosis. I'm concerned because Ive had 3 operations on my spine and 4 on my right ankle due to bad fractures. Is anyone else take these shots???

Lisa
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't taken Lupron but if there's anyone in your family who has Osteoporosis you should be careful and your Dr. should know your family history if anyone like Mother or siblings have osteoporosis. You should have a bone density test also if you haven't had one and follow up with these bone density tests.

I hope you're seeing a Gyne Dr. for this med because of the long adverse side effects. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN