Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain at its most

tina coylettina coyle Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:56 AM in Chronic Pain
Over the last 4 months my condition has been getting worse, but mostly the pain. I saw pain team two weeks ago now and thay said they thought the best way forward for me would be Bilateral MBB-steroid injections and more physiotherapy.
I have been chronic back pain suffer four years now.
So yesterday was my first injection i was told i would be in pain for the next couple of days and by the 3rd day i would feel the benfits.
Well i am in pain but i hope i will feel the benfits i am still to stay on my pain meds and they have upped the dossage of some of them as well as haveing the injections.
Thay have told me that the injections do not work for everyone but i hope i am lucky

I had a C3/C4 C4/C5 C5/C6fusion i have spondylotic cervical myelopathy and also have a compromise of the left exit foramina L4/5 and right para central exit foramina at L5/S1.
advertisement

Comments

• I hope you can get some relief from the injection and keep icing the area for 15 minutes a few times a day. It sometimes took up to 2 weeks for the injection to start working for me and had about a 20% relief but for me it only lasted a few weeks but usually they give as much as a set of 3 injections. Do you have sciatica in your leg? Have you ever had an epidural or only the nerve blocks?

I hope the PT helps as well as the injections. Take care. Charry

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for your advice, i have weak arms and legs and my hands are not much good i drop every thing. I do have sciatica in my left leg and hip.
    The team have made a pain management plan for me the injection i had yesterday would last up to 6wks the next injection is goin to be the epidural.
    Thanks i will try the ice tonight '
    Tina

• sorry to hear that you are still getting pain.

I hope that the injections will prove successful and that you will get relief from them.

Have they said if any of your symptoms are due to permanent cord damage from the cervical spondylotic myelopathy?

I am doing physiotherapy to try to reduce my symptoms from my neck, but they are keeping a close eye on me because my cervical MRI taken last October, shows C3/4 and C4/5 compressing my cord and degeneration in the rest of my neck. I have an appointment with the Pain Clinic at the end of September. I think the surgeon intends that I have cervical epidural injections to help with the pain, but he said they won'd help with the compression on my cord from the disc and osteophytes.

I think I will end up having surgery and am trying to learn all I can from others who have treaded this path before me. #:S

• I too hope you get some relief from your injection. Over the last 8 years, 1 month and 28 days I have been in pain from a car accident. I have had too many injections to count, and the same with the epidurals. I finally said no more as I didn't get as much relief with them as I did when taking my pain meds. There were a few that helped a little more. but not enough to have them again. But I know people that had wonderful results. Each time can be different even if it is the same exact injection. I ended up having too many epidurals that it made my skin too thin and for a while my blood thin also. My arms and legs especially got a lot more wrinkly, darn it! I know I am old, but even my nearly 87 year old mom can't believe how much more wrinkled I became after the last two I had. My arms especially are so much more wrinkled than hers are. I know the wrinkles were caused by me bloating up in less than 36 hours to the tune of at least 25 pounds. So my skin was really stretched. the last time it happened, I gained 25 pounds but lost 27 pounds within 5 days after the bloating. The elasticity in my skin was too far gone though to stop the wrinkling. I am 60, so that is why I don't have much elasticity left. The pain doctor I was going to at that time was giving me the epidural injections way too often. I have read that you shouldn't have the steroid/cortisone injections more than 3 times a year. This site is a great place to research things. And the people on here are wonderful. Please let us know if it helps you or not.

• The wrinkles and scarrs just ad to our character and dont make us any less attractive.

As we age every scar and wrinkle is our batle wound and mark that tells a story that we are the only ones that know the story to. We all have them and we own it. You cant avoid it so you just wear it and wear it proud.

Wow that was deep. Lol
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • alexhurting said:
    The wrinkles and scarrs just ad to our character and dont make us any less attractive.

As we age every scar and wrinkle is our batle wound and mark that tells a story that we are the only ones that know the story to. We all have them and we own it. You cant avoid it so you just wear it and wear it proud.

Wow that was deep. Lol
    I love it. Battle Scars- Proof of the Fight of Our Lives..... or For Our Lives :)

J
  • Thanks for all your comments ,thay were very helpfull i am really worried about the putting on weight i did ask the doc he said i would not i hope he is wright.
    Thank you all
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.