Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello Everyone ~ Newbie from the North

Bobby EyeBBobby Eye Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello Everyone,
I can’t believe how lucky I was to find this place. I was searching the internet looking for ideas and research for my all encompassing daily hobby, Chronic Pain.

I suffer with a C6-C7 herniated disc, severe stenosis, and DDD. I know, darn lucky, but it could always be worse.

The hardest thing for me to deal with is the pain. It’s with you when you wake up (after that massive 2-3 hour cat nap), and with you all day long with it being the last thought in my head at night.

There seems to be a topic for everything I need help with, so I’ll be asking some questions and I Thank You in advance for any help you can offer.

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You'll find a lot of great information throughout the site and the members of the forum are very caring, knowledgeable and supportive.

I'll check your other post before asking more questions, so I'm just posting now to welcome you to Spine-Health.

Take a look around and make some new friends!
  • Hi and welcome to spine health! I am also a "neckie". Have you consulted with a surgeon about Anterior Cervical Disectomy and Fusion?
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. getting sleep is something we all suffer from.. i like to use music to help me relax and go to sleep. i take naps and don't sleep for more than 4 hours or so myself.. drop by the "Sleep Problems" forum for more input! stop by the forum anytime! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine Health!

I am from Alaska where North are you at?

• Welcome to spine health. We are really glad to have you here, although sorry that you need to be.

There is so many informative articles, caring, supportive members. I have found this site to help me through every step of my journey.

I am also a northerner from Canada.

Looking forward to getting to know you better. Please keep us updated.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I sure would like a trip to Alaska, but not quite that far up north. I currently live in the states, on the water in the tip of the thumb Michigan. Lived in Amherstburg, Hamilton, and Windsor.

As I do some more posting ( with that talking to the choir ), I'll bore you with the details, but basically, a dumb 2 second moment injuring my neck 10 years ago has left me in my current shape.

I have had 4 MRI's, CT Bone Scans, 2 Neurosurgeons, 6 regular doctors, 2 pain clinics, Epidurals, Facet blocks, Chiropractors, Acupuncture, Dx9000 ...bla, bla, bla. I am sure pretty much the same as all of you.

Currently I am on the "hunt" for the Pro-C replacement disc.

Right now, my current problem is pain medication. My current doctor is a pain in the neck.

Thanks for your wonderful welcome.
  • when you say the north do you mean the uk ?as i live in bury {manchester] i don't have much information on the C section of the spine as all my problems are lumbar {apart from my TOS} that's thoracic outlet syndrome .i am sure that others with the same condition will be able to help you i just wanted to introduce myself and yes you have found an excellent site will some fantastic caring people
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • i know that you don't live in the uk .they must have been trying whilst i was typing a beat me to the second slot! anyway nice to have you aboard the back back club
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014