Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anxiety, Depression, Chronic Pain,

MrGrouchMMrGrouch Posts: 108
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Depression and Coping
This is just my own experience and nothing more. I posted on this site that I was one that came close to ending it. After a short stay in the hospital and reading these posts it dawned on me that treating the anxiety, depression, and pain simultaneously might help, and it does considerably. It’s unfortunate that most doctors, pain management places do not see the connection and have a narrow view. I don’t know if what I am experiencing is valid or not but for me it does seem to work. I am still in pain, I know that it will start to flare up around 6 and get worse through the night every night. But I don’t seem to worry about it or dread it; I just accept it and the pain doesn’t seem so bad anymore. For me a switch to a SSRI that also deals with anxiety helped a lot.

To all that post on this site, THANK YOU, you have no idea how much help it has been. your posts have helped me get through a lot of really bad nights.

Maybe this post might help someone, at sometime

Again this is my own experience and nothing more

• Glad you found a way to make it a litle easier to deal with the pain. Best wishes and best of health to you,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Yes, glad that you did find a way to make it a little more bearable. There are many pain management clinics that do have psychologists/psychiatrists on staff for just that reason, to teach people how to deal with their chronic pain through various coping skills. A lot of us are under the care of mental health professionals to help us through, as it is so true, depression and anxiety most certainly affects our pain. It's a vicious cycle, pain causes depression, depression causes pain, it can be never-ending sometimes without outside help to get us back on track.

And there is absolutely no shame in seeking professional help for depression and anxiety. We gotta do what we gotta do to keep on keepin' on, right? What you are experiencing is valid, and don't ever doubt that. I'm glad that you found us here and joined in! Take care;
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ..how you are feeling so much better.
    There are many of us who search on this site for the posts related to whatever our situation. You can be sure your experience will help others!

For me, depression will raise its ugly head time to time, but with treatment and the encouragement found here, I know how to better take care of myself or ask for help..because I have experienced the success... the hope that is around the corner.

When that happens...I'll probably run across your post and get encouraged as if for the first time!

So, thank you! and take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History